9/6 Noon S.R. Fishing Report, Etc....

Author
Randy Jones
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points: 0
2007/09/07 08:35:19 (permalink)

9/6 Noon S.R. Fishing Report, Etc....

The lower D.S.R. had a nice push of freshies Wed. morning. Thursday morning this same group was pushing thru the upper DSR. My freinds counted approx. 4-5 doz. Thurs. morning in this area. I counted about 1 Doz. in a short period of time. I dont fish this early but enjoyed the walk about.

Heard a bunch just moved into the Estuary. Upcoming weekend weather might bring more in. More fishing pressure, water level might cause some to not come, never know. Thats why they call it...... :)

Today - Friday, look for those fish to be running the ball park area to papermill area. Sat. look for them from Papermill up to around 2A, Compactor, maybe even Glass.

Hope this post helps any of you makeing the drive.

Please remember the water temp's. are warm and to please spend a lot of additional time when reviving your catch should you choose to release. :)
Best Fish's,
Randy Jones
----------
www.yankeeangler.com

5 Replies Related Threads

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: 9/6 Noon S.R. Fishing Report, Etc.... 2007/09/07 09:31:44 (permalink)
    Randy,I'll see you at your spot in a couple weeks,I'm going to get there at 4AM and say hello when you arrive!  LOL
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: 9/6 Noon S.R. Fishing Report, Etc.... 2007/09/07 12:16:29 (permalink)
    Thanks Randy. I for one will be up around the end of the month for 3 or 4 days. 24th-27th or there abouts.
    Can't wait. In spite of the water issues it's still time. You've gotta go when they're there if you want in on the action...

Lyrical
    Randy Jones
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 24
    9/7 Update - S.R. Fishing Report, Etc.... 2007/09/07 18:18:54 (permalink)
    Over 100 Salmon ran by my friends today (Friday morning in 6 hours) while they were fishing the upper DSR. They came through in pod's of 2-3 until approx. 10:30. Then they burst through running 8-10 in a pod. My freind had a 30 lb. Salmon on but lost it.
    As of Friday evening, this puts a nice confirmed sprinkling of Salmon in the river from below Town up to around 2A approx. for Sat. (Just in case you dont find them higher or lower in the river while your up here) I would have to guess that some came in fresh this evening but have not gotten any reports from that area as of yet.
    -
    Ill hopefully see you all out there again with your rod bent, sometime soon. Ill bring the donuts :)
    Best of luck!
    Randy
    -----------
    www.yankeeangler.com
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: 9/7 Update - S.R. Fishing Report, Etc.... 2007/09/08 00:37:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for the updates Randy. Sounds like some nice fish are in the mix again this year. 

Lyrical
    PAtrout
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 23
    RE: 9/7 Update - S.R. Fishing Report, Etc.... 2007/09/08 08:02:26 (permalink)
    HUMMMM, Well so much for water levels VS runs. When its time they go  no matter what the water level is.
    Jump to: