year around fishing

Author
tipperytroutman
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points: 0
2007/03/31 01:09:05 (permalink)

year around fishing

Why not end the opening day maddness let us fish trout year around? I say drop the limit to 3, up the size limit to 12,and stock fish as weather premits.Most of our fishing is put and take in this state ,so why load the streams with fish before season and find few fish left  left after the first week is over? The ''native ''[nature production] streams could have a one fish limit ,or catch and release. Then the pressure could be spread out.This weekend Has Great weather!! Wouldn't it be nice to fish were you want today and not wait three weeks? just a thought 

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Just one more cast...............

11 Replies Related Threads

tipperytroutman
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: year around fishing 2007/03/31 01:11:27 (permalink)
     PS>>>>MY kids are happest when I take them fishing

Just one more cast...............
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: year around fishing 2007/03/31 06:29:30 (permalink)
    I think they would loose to much money. I think they like promoting the opening day circus. Half of the people that buy a liscense are there to get THEIR limit. As you say after the first week or two you have the streams to yourself..no fisherman or fish...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8511
    RE: year around fishing 2007/03/31 10:39:02 (permalink)
    How that yungun teach that fish to beg? lol  I agree it is all money. How many times you see them fish police give tickets for fishing 2min. early? I seen it happen a few times. (not me)
    frost
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 437
    RE: year around fishing 2007/03/31 22:48:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

How that yungun teach that fish to beg? lol  I agree it is all money. How many times you see them fish police give tickets for fishing 2min. early? I seen it happen a few times. (not me)

every year i see people get fined for fishing 2-3mins early on first day.  i always wait till either my cell phone says 8 or i see EVERYBODY start casting in.  if everyone does it then it must be time.

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: year around fishing 2007/04/01 22:53:52 (permalink)
    No, Mika, she's sayin'  "Fish.  Git in ma belly."
    Panfisher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 799
    RE: year around fishing 2007/04/02 11:51:13 (permalink)
    It's definitely about selling licenses in my opinion.  I agree it should be open year around though.
    boatnik13
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 57
    RE: year around fishing 2007/04/02 20:30:30 (permalink)
    Why not fish year round anyway? Electroshock proves the big trout are in the stream all year > you just don't see them laying in groups of 100's. If the trout don't exist year round then "DON'T STOCK"  but now the PFBC would stand to loose to much. The 3 fish limit all year was already talked about since the starting of the 1980's. No monies in it I guess.
    jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: year around fishing 2007/04/03 07:35:25 (permalink)
    I hear all you guys speak of fishing for trout in solitude yet none of you ever have a story about fishing for trout at night. Thats when you catch the big ones! Joe Humphries caught his record brown at like 2-3am!!!!!

Its not as easy to fish for trout at night, and you must REALLY know the stream, but I can tell you Ive fished the hatches on Spring many times and watched people pack up the gear when it started getn close to dark. Before its even dark, have the whole stream to myself. I carry 3 lights, because I fish for trout at night!

I agree, I say drop the limit to 3 and 12" size. Keep it open year round and stock when the weather permits. Some of these streams cant fish in the summer, some cant fish in the winter cause they freeze. Stop dumping 4 million trout out into streams in a matter of 4 weeks.

I feel sorry for most of you guys, Im one of the luckiest people in the world to live where I do and so close to so many beautiful C&R streams. So my fishing for trout never does end. The whole TROUT SEASON, and I CAUGHT MY LIMIT BY 8:15 AM, has got to go. Its not a race to see how fast you can get home. I love hearing guys say they limited out in 5-15 mins. Im like ok, your cool... i caught about 20 and let them all go, im gonna keep fishing, you have fun cleaning those minnows.

The only thing that really gets me about this whole trout season is you know guys are greedy. Some will go somewhere, catch 5, take them home and go somewhere else to catch 5 more. Because god forbid that you cant limit out in 15 mins.... that would be too much like work

boatnik13
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 57
    RE: year around fishing 2007/04/03 09:03:51 (permalink)
    Many moons ago some one showed me how to find trout at night using miner lights. At day light you could not find one trout and at night we counted over a dozen in that same spot. I'm talking a easy access road along a over fished trout stream. Many other fish also were on the haunt.
    I don't trout fish anymore because I don't support put-n-take  as a sport. I agree with JLH42581 .
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2215
    RE: year around fishing 2007/04/03 14:05:14 (permalink)
    everyone's got an opinion on this, and most are right in some way.  the fish and boat comiss. will never please everyone.  There's always gonna be the guy who wants to "limit out" in 15 minutes, and there's gonna be some who practice catch and relaese and even do barbless hooks.  The things is, its a democracy, and people can do what they want, within reason, as long as they buy a license.  That's what makes this country great.  Even though we may not agree with the quick limit, follow the stocking truck to the spot and immediately fish there kind of person, it's their right. 
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: year around fishing 2007/04/03 18:04:31 (permalink)
    tippery:

It does seem to make sense, but most things that make sense to sportsmen, don't seem make sense to the Fish or Game commissions.  We get enjoyment out of our pastime, they get money out of our pastime.  Theres little we can do to make change, but we can make the best with what we have.  Besides, trout season is not a big deal for me anymore.  I used to live for first day, but over the years I have grown more versitile and fish for various species and ALL YEAR ROUND.  In the spring, I like to target trout, bass, crappie and muskies.  In the summer, I target muskies, walleye, bas and stripers.  In the fall, I go for muskies, steelhead and archery hunt. In winter I fish steelheads when I can....Oh boy, so many species, so little time! 

Jump to: