A very pleasant surprise!!!

Author
Noplacelikehome
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 774
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/29 16:15:49 (permalink)

A very pleasant surprise!!!

Guys I purchased 99 acres of land back in July. Today I just recieved the results of my land survey. The land had not been surveyed since 1837!! This survey cost me 5,500 dollars. Many people told me that surveys are a waste of money. Boy were they ever wrong. My land was certified at 107.4 acres!!!!!!!!  I can tell you for a fact that surveys are worth the investment, trust your gut instinct.  Good luck to all the archery hunters on Sat.

3 Replies Related Threads

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: A very pleasant surprise!!! 2009/09/30 00:04:13 (permalink)
    Hate to burst your bubble. But you don't own any more than you did before the survey. You, ( and probly the  tax assessor ) just now know that you do

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    Noplacelikehome
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 774
    RE: A very pleasant surprise!!! 2009/09/30 06:43:57 (permalink)
    Spoon, I beg to differ with you. Without the survey I never would have known that I owned an extra 8 acres. Those extra acres have to have some value. Example-Timber(this land is almost 99% woods, mostly hard woods). You don't think extra acreage increases the over all value of the land if I were to sell it down the road? Remember I only PAYED for 99 acres. Not worried about the taxes. I am enrolled in the Clean and Green program. I just payed the taxes for the year and they were a whopping $374 dollars!!(there are no structures on my property).  Never thought it was a bad thing to gain land at less than a thousand bucks an acre(cost of survey divided by acres gained). In this area land is bringing a minimum of 1,500 bucks an acre.  Spoon the fact is I never would have known about my TRUE acreage without a certified survey.
    npsinboro
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: A very pleasant surprise!!! 2009/09/30 08:27:14 (permalink)
    That's a helluva a deal! We lease currently, how nice it'd be to actually own a chunk of woods like that!!
    Jump to: