Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
hookaway
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/28 11:06:07 (permalink)

Is the Yankee Fly shop still open

Is the Yankee Fly shop still open. I can't get on there web site?

40 Replies Related Threads

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 11:14:43 (permalink)
    As far as I know they were last week,but there is no way I would ever do any business with that nut job.
    hookaway
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 11:29:48 (permalink)
    I'm being told last year she started asking for $ to walk past or fish behide her shop to fish up river. How can someone ask for $ to walk past her shop? That's crazzy
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 11:37:24 (permalink)
    Walk into her shop and just look around if you want to see what a nut job she really is.Yes she is charging $20 I think to fish behind her shop.How this screwball stays in business is a wonder to me.
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 11:56:40 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: hookaway

Is the Yankee Fly shop still open. I can't get on there web site?

Yes they are open!  unless your a personal friend?  (in that case my condolences)  I would never do business with that insane poor excuse for a woman!  To many other good quality and helpfull shops to spend your money in.
    I called ther shop last week inquiring about a perticular fly that was recommended by one of her guides on her web site?
    she called me an ahole on the phone and said I was nuts? to which my reply would make you blush!  LOL
    anyway from that experience alone I would never step foot in that shop unless its to light a match!!!!!!

just my opinion!
    luke71
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 13:28:58 (permalink)
    I agree with you jrb,was in there on friday and she was very rude to my friend because he didn't buy anything.I like the people from All Season they are helpful and good prices.Stay away from Fat Nancys they are only out to take your money
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 14:13:50 (permalink)
    All Seasons has a tremendous inventory of everything,and is very helpful and also very fairly priced.For fly tackle Malindas in Altmar is very good,but not cheap.
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 15:48:34 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: luke71

I agree with you jrb,was in there on friday and she was very rude to my friend because he didn't buy anything.I like the people from All Season they are helpful and good prices.Stay away from Fat Nancys they are only out to take your money
       Can u tell me where is All Seasons?   I normally stop in at Whitakers< they have been pretty straight so far!  Fat nancys is pretty much off my list too unless i know exactly what I need.
    luke71
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 16:02:04 (permalink)

All Saeson is right next to the old C&M resturant,like i said fat nancys just rips everyone off and just for fun i asked what to use and the guy hands me some sponge with a ton of weights.
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 16:07:00 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: luke71

All Saeson is right next to the old C&M resturant,like i said fat nancys just rips everyone off and just for fun i asked what to use and the guy hands me some sponge with a ton of weights.

Thanks I remember it now!   Hey don"t knock the sponge thing!   small piece w alittle red yarn, trust me it works!
    A friend of mine turned me on to that I thought he was joking and trying to set me up for a good laugh, turns out the laugh was on me! 
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 16:48:24 (permalink)
    all seasons is probably the best. no bs when you go in there.  also, there's no pressure.  it's not like they greet you with a smile or anything, but they do what they do and they have what you need. yankee,  never been in it since richie died, and i don't plan on ever going in it.  i personally don't think she'll be around too much longer with the way she treats people.  whitakers is alright.  but i liked it much better when jim rusher owned it. 
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 17:40:55 (permalink)
    I like Dawn. I don't feel it's proper to say things that effect someones life $ directly. She does the best she can.
    I had a bad experience there would be enough. Think about what you say. I would hope some of you would be gentlemen & edit your posts a little.

Lyrical
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 18:28:34 (permalink)
    salmo, i don't think i said anything inapropriate.  i hope you're not referring to me.  i just don't prefer the yankee due to what i've heard from people who've gone there. but i did spend a lot of time there when richie owned it.
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 18:32:15 (permalink)
    Salmo when she treats people like crap what can you say...if it walks like a duck,talks like a duck,then it's a duck.I'm a retired businessman,and I would never treat my customers or POTENTIAL customers like she does,it's rude and stupid.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 18:59:09 (permalink)
    i run my own business myself and i will say, if i told customers off for not accepting my proposals, i wouldn't expect to stay in business too long.  people have to realize, pulaski is a small town, and you should not talk down to others without expecting it to come back and bite you in your****.. to each their own...
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 19:00:49 (permalink)
    PA, i have to ask you, are the fella that i shared some pocket water with in the beginning of september down in douglaston.  it was me my father and brother, and even another gentleman named rob the next day... was that you???
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 19:55:48 (permalink)
    I'm aware of her business practices. She does the best she can. I don't think we need to call her names is all.

Lyrical
    young
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 22:21:59 (permalink)
    She is a very mean lady. Plus how can these people charge for access to the Salmon River when the only reason we go there is for the salmon and trout that were stocked with money from fishing license??
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 23:02:24 (permalink)
    Dime,that was n't me.The only day I was on the DSR was last Tues,the fish ran Monday and really came in Wendsday,NOTHING Tuesday until 4 PM and I was gone then.
    ORIGINAL: dimebrite

PA, i have to ask you, are the fella that i shared some pocket water with in the beginning of september down in douglaston.  it was me my father and brother, and even another gentleman named rob the next day... was that you???

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 23:06:30 (permalink)
    Salmo,everyone is aware of her terrible business practices,you should read what they say on Salmoncrazy,and if that's her best she may as well do something more suited...like ride a broom the end of Oct.
    ORIGINAL: salmotrutta

I'm aware of her business practices. She does the best she can. I don't think we need to call her names is all.

draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 23:08:37 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: young

She is a very mean lady. Plus how can these people charge for access to the Salmon River when the only reason we go there is for the salmon and trout that were stocked with money from fishing license??

She owns the land.

The same question should be asked about the DSR operation.
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 23:14:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: pafisher

Salmo,everyone is aware of her terrible business practices,you should read what they say on Salmoncrazy,and if that's her best she may as well do something more suited...like ride a broom the end of Oct.

Salmo - your the mod at this site. Do some of us a favor (those that don't care to read nonsense like what is posted at SC) and just delete this thread.

FWIW - I am not sticking up for the woman, but I do believe that it takes a small man to bash someone over the internet instead of dealing with them in person.

just my 3centsworth

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 23:22:15 (permalink)
    drake,I delt with her in person,not a pleasant experience and I would n't wish it on anyone.
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/28 23:37:15 (permalink)
    Well then, Pa - if you dealt with her in person you should have dealt with the situation to your satisfaction, and move on.

Spending your money elsewhere is ample revenge.

young
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/29 02:00:14 (permalink)
    She owns the land.

So what?

In other states they allow access to all waters, even over private property.

The same question should be asked about the DSR operation.

I agree. It should ESPECIALLY be asked about that place.
    waDerboy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1910
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/29 06:55:59 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: draketrutta

ORIGINAL: pafisher

Salmo - your the mod at this site. Do some of us a favor (those that don't care to read nonsense like what is posted at SC) and just delete this thread.

FWIW - I am not sticking up for the woman, but I do believe that it takes a small man to bash someone over the internet instead of dealing with them in person.

just my 3centsworth

Dcula the intent here isn't calling you personally out so please don't take it that way.
    An easy solution for those not wanting to read things like this thread is to have some self control  and NOT READ THIS THREAD. Nobody is holding a gun at anyones head here and it beats the crap out of censorship.
    Not sure where this falls in the fishusa rules under bashing since it is talking about her business practices.
    If it doesn't cross that line I don't believe a mod has no reason or right to delete it. The last mod decided he could make and break the rules as he chose. Thankfully Trutta hasn't fallen into the trap of thinking he is omnipotent.
    zcountry85
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/29 15:13:53 (permalink)
    i had a great experiance with her once before. last year when i was under the short bridge fishing and a gentleman on her property had a fish hooked right in front of me and i had my net on me so i netted the fish for him. i'm a local so i don't mind helping some people out. so when i walked from under the bridge to bring him his salmon she was out there. i literally carried the fish to him along with my rod helped him unhook it and talked to him for no more than 2 minutes and she came down flipping out at me. we exchanged a few pleasentries, i posed for a nice picture, gave her my name and told her where i lived so when she calls the cops on me for trespassing that i won't be hard to find.

the guy that caught the fish, shook my hand exchanged a few pleasentries with her and said he won't ever come back again.

the stuff she does isn't just unethical business practice, its the fact of what she does as just a person isn't right. wednesday i went to the salmon river sport shop to get some flies from jim button and her drift boat was hanging halfway off the back of the trailer taking up the parking across the road.

best thing to do if you need tackle and you're in the town hole area just walk across the street to the salmon river sports shop and stop in and see them, for a hole in the wall place they're really nice and just a bunch of good ol boys who love fishing and talking with people.

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

its not yours til its on the grill
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/29 16:15:55 (permalink)
    Yeah- they seem to be nice people. I stopped in there once.

No deleting by me. I was just saying this is a more friendlier place than the bare knuckles place I hang out in.
    Even I use self control here & try to avoid the name calling- even if it does make things feel a little less fun.

Lyrical
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/29 19:04:28 (permalink)
    hey, i belive everyone has spoken their mind.  i feel nobody has crossed the line.  we can disagree as long as we don't take it personally.  i believe people get what they deserve, and if you are someone who does wrong, it will come back to get you.  and if you are going to run a business in a small town like pulaski, expect people to have an opinion when you tell off 75 percent of the people you encounter. come on now.  someone does the kind gesture of netting a fish for someone and then she tells you off because you are on private property.  give me a brake.  in douglaston, i bring family and friends down all the time who aren't carrying rods and they are allowed in for no fee.  big difference there.  i rest my case.  besides, watch me this winter while i fish off the wall right across from the yankee in the town pool with bobbers pulling chromers out from under the "priveleged one'S" noses...  fish on and tight  lines to everybody
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    RE: Is the Yankee Fly shop still open 2009/09/29 20:53:58 (permalink)
    Hey no offense taken by me, like I said, I don't know the woman at all.

I rarely if ever go to downtown Pulaski. I prefer to fish midriver areas to avoid the crowds and enjoy a more natural setting.

Never stepped foot in the DSR or town pool area, and never will.

Paying Rich People to fish or staring at a cement wall or the backside of dilapidated buildings ain't my cup of tea.

To each their own.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: