Saturday Report

Author
Colonel Forbin
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/27 17:02:12 (permalink)

Saturday Report

Fished hard all day Saturday, fish were concentrated in one particular area with very few anywhere else.  Had a number of hook-ups, and as always had a great time.  I started the day in the lower fly, some fish around.  It would have been a great morning if a group of racist loud mouths weren't fishing the same area.  They covered a wide spectrum with vulgar comments about jews, blacks, orientals, christians, bosnians, etc...  Sad thing is this was a group of guys that I recognized from pictures at the salmon crazy site and they seem to be well respected over there.  Obviously most people haven't met them in person because they were absolutely disgusting to fish near.  The ring leader of this group of idiots is on the home page at that site with a big smile and a steelhead.  A number of people in the area were offended by these guys as well, including a very nice father/son who happened to be Jewish.  I left after my patience finally ended to get away from these guys even though it meant fewer fish. 
There was another wacko across from these idiots who occasionally wore a mask while fishing and spoke with what seemed like a fake accent, but he was harmless, and actually quite funny.  I saw that same guy wearing his halloween mask mid river later in the day.  Hilarious the things you see on the river.
I spent the afternoon hiking a part of mid river and actually ended up walking from Papermill to 2a.  Very few fish around this area but beautiful water and no loud racists to deal with either.   
Anyway, fishing was slow, crowds were thick, and I can't wait to get back up again soon.

5 Replies Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Saturday Report 2009/09/27 19:50:20 (permalink)
    That's funny stuff about the duud with the mask. Sounds like me a few years back. Haha.
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience. That's poor behavior & no way to conduct oneself while around other people in general. I woulda left too.

Too bad you didn't hit a big push. I'm hoping they pile up in the estuary for like a few weeks till I can get up there!

Lyrical
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: Saturday Report 2009/09/28 10:16:23 (permalink)
    Gotta feel sorry for morons like that!  obviously they don"t get out much!  You"ll find good and bad in all walks of life< just so happens you stumbled acroos the bad!
    young
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Saturday Report 2009/09/28 22:16:56 (permalink)
    Is it a surprise? Did you ever read the forums there? They are full of rants about "Russians" who according to them are just dumb snaggers out for meat. Also saw racist things about black people. Horrible. I stopped posting there. I am offended by it. I am friends will all kinds of people.

Somebody should have said something. I am only a teenager but I would have. When it goes unquestioned people keep doing it. Sometimes it takes words or force to stop it. Look at Nazi Germany.
    Colonel Forbin
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: Saturday Report 2009/09/28 22:22:55 (permalink)
    Yeah, lots of racism over there for sure.  It's a tough situation when you're fishing alone and it's a group of 5 hot-heads running their mouths.  Getting into a confrontation would just ruin my day and possibly lead to other problems so I chose to move on to a new spot with a better crowd.    
    young
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Saturday Report 2009/09/28 22:40:32 (permalink)
    I understand. Especially when they are big fat meat heads like that guy.
    Jump to: