Manatawny Creek -- Maiden Creek

Author
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
  • Reward points: 0
2009/09/16 14:27:21 (permalink)

Manatawny Creek -- Maiden Creek

Took the little ones and grandpa out to fish......the kids helped with capturing some worms.........then we headed to Manatawny Creek.......the water was low and clear......we fished for 1.5 hours......the kids caught numerous smallmouth which ranged from 2-11 inches in size......plenty of chubs....and my son caught 2 wild brown trout !!!  I put a few photos up on my website.......

My son's eyes lit up and had a smile Berks County wide when I said you caught a wild brown trout.......

they had a blast and the were biting nonstop.......kids don't care what they catch.......as long as something is biting their line........the bulk of what they caught were smallmouths........NO KIDDING........the one wild brown was the most beautiful wild brown I have seen.....PRRRTttyyy

For the fly guys......fish were taking bugs off the top the entire time we were there......I would have loved to have my fly rod with me.......but, it was all about the worms yesterday........A grasshopper pattern with a beadhead, inch worm or ant pattern dropped off it should get you into some fish.......and when all else fails.....a small tan caddis might work....slate drakes have been out in the evening, along with craneflies, BWO and a few sulphurs...black caddis and tan caddis are also on the water

the weather is cooling.........

Maiden Creek below ontelaunee lake looked awesome
I drove by there with the kids this morning..running pretty good,  it is CLEAR......last time I fished it, it was high and muddy......the conditions look PRIME right now to catch smallies and whatever else is swimming in there........there was one guy fishing near the falls when I drove over the bridge....the smallies should be putting on the feed bag......there are some big largemouths in there too.......along with plenty of other fish.....

www.2bonthewater.com

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: