Garbage along river banks

Author
luke71
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points: 0
2009/08/31 11:21:07 (permalink)

Garbage along river banks

Is it me or the garbage along river is getting worse.Last year i found enough coffee cups and beer cans to fill a small dumpster.I see so many guys just tossing their garbage as they walk around like it's nothing.I wonder if they do that at home.It would be nice to see more cans at all the major holes.

5 Replies Related Threads

OldSalt
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 307
    RE: Garbage along river banks 2009/08/31 15:19:09 (permalink)
    luke,

Unfortunately this is the way it is during Salmon season, especially in and around the town areas. The litter problem has caused many private landowners to post their property, which has and is diminshing access along the SR, and if nothing is done and the problem keeps getting worse, we are going to see less and less public access in the town areas.

Remember, "Pack it in-Pack it out". It is not the responsibility of the landowner to provide trash containers and the State does not, except maybe for some parking areas.

If I'm going to be fishing a heavily fished area, what I do is pack a large black contractor bag in my backpack(it takes up hardly any room) and then when I'm done fishing that area I'll collect all the trash that I can comfortably carry out. I then ask the landowner if I can dispose of the trash in their containers or find a container in town or somewhere to dispose of it.

This really helps relations and if every fisherman/women would just fill a small bag, the Salmon River would really benefit. What's goods for the River is good for the fish.

Anyway, try it out.

Tight Lines,

OldSalt
    luke71
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Garbage along river banks 2009/08/31 18:10:37 (permalink)
    Well OldSalt seeing that you bring a bag with you i will do the same and maybe that will be a few less cup .You are wright about the land owners soon it will all be a pay to play like my favorite hole (little black hole).It sucks paying for other peoples mistakes
    cpswing
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 150
    RE: Garbage along river banks 2009/08/31 18:40:01 (permalink)
    They have nets, but that takes alot of energy to load and unload your garbage in. They do the same thing down here for the first day of trout. junk all over near the bridges. looks like hell and angers the landowners.

CP
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Garbage along river banks 2009/08/31 20:09:41 (permalink)
    I for one cannot fathom being so much of an****to think it's ok to throw trash where ever. It's hard to believe also that there are so many who have this mentality.

Lyrical
    pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: Garbage along river banks 2009/09/01 00:28:43 (permalink)
    I often wonder if the cup was n't a burden to carry to the stream when full why the heck is it a problem to carry out.There are two ways to eliminate it,put a deposit on everything that is a portable drinking utensile,and impose a $1000.00 fine for littering and 15 days of community service.That would get their attention.
    I always carry out more than I carry in.
    Jump to: