• Reward points: 0
2009/08/30 09:41:44 (permalink)

Showing up is 88% of life!

39 Replies Related Threads

JustMatt
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 18:53:26 (permalink)
    yeah lots of fun maybe I can do better next year
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 18:54:42 (permalink)
    It was a GREAT time !!!!

Hope you 1st timers don't think i'm just a drunken fool  ... fishing was slow all Saturday morning so i kept with my backup plan LOL , my camera never came out of the bag, but i know there are a lot of pics coming.

You new guys fit right in rest of crew, glad you made it there.

Mr Jigs was a great boat captain, i'd fish with that good ole' country boy anytime !
    I also got to do a little fishing in the am with Duane , another laid back good person.
    Congrats on the winnings man !

Kayderross sorry we didn't do much chatting man.

ILikepike showed up early this am to find everybody sleeping away. Got to hang with him on shore most the morning. Sorry you didn't land the big one dude.

Lance buddy glad you made the trip and got to meet a bunch of these guys i have been telling you about.

The multi-species tournment was an awesome idea, worked out great. Thanks to Just Matt for having the offical measuring boat out there too. I got to take a few trips around the lake on that cool ride

All the food, wow ... the fish was incrediable Perchie !!! And that moose meat , DOUBLE wow !!
    Good stuff. I think of food went untouched there was so much.
    Of course if not for the best host JIMMY , you rock bro  !!!

Great seeing all the boys from 1st JJ and even the winter Jam !!!

Lot more posting to come i'm sure.

BB
    post edited by bassinbrian - 2009/08/30 19:00:09
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 19:49:19 (permalink)
    NAw man you were cool, had a great time fishin with you Saturday morning, hope to fish with you again soon.

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 20:15:17 (permalink)
    Man that was a great time- what an awesome group of guys. Great to see all of you again and meet you new attendees. Mucho gracias Jimmy and all who pitched in... food, wood, boats, sleeping arrangements, supplies,  everything went fantastically.  Thanks Perchy for grabbing my Vex for me... yup I only forgot the most expensive thing I brought. Oh yeah I forgot life jacket too.  Luckily, I remembered the cooler and I still have two icy beers left, which are about to disappear.  
    KayderossZ
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 20:23:15 (permalink)
    Just a few highlights from my weekend:

Reel Forces' Tin Man Shoes; I also greatly appreciated his reference to his tarp pole coming down (which only required a 1 minute fix) as a "cataclysmic event."

Brian's failed escape attempt to his back seat followed by his now legendary thumb's up. (Dude, I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to chat in the future)

Being the last man standing with Santaman on Friday night.

RJ's early morning, bleary eyed motor repair.

Duane praying out loud "please be a crappie, please be a crappie" as he caught the tournament winning fish, which was indeed a crappie.  Maybe there is a fish God!

Lance's observation that "fish do not read the same books that we do."

"Just Matt's" wonderful boat; and hearing of his exploits as an ex-milk truck man.

Mr. Jigs- what else can I say.  It was a pleasure to meet you and can't wait to see you again.

Perch.  One, cool, laid back, generous guy. Holy Crap- that guy knows how to cook a fish! Best I ever had.

NYY- "most improved"-  I'm coming for that title next year.  I might even target carp.

Can't wait for next year.

Jimmy, thanks a million.

Showing up is 88% of life!
    Duane
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 106
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 21:36:31 (permalink)
    JJ2 was an absolute blast. The guys who made it up there really are a great group of guys. It was awesome to put faces to the names on the board. The only thing that I wish were different is that I could have fished with more of the guys. I am really happy I was able to make it and I thank you guys for extending me the invitation. I am really glad I stumbled across this board a few months ago, hopefully it will lead to some new fishing partners and some good friends. Thanks to all who were involved.

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 21:36:34 (permalink)
    Well said KZ well said.

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/30 23:39:04 (permalink)
    Great weekend, Fellas...  Thanks to all who came out and made it one for the record books, as usual...

I've got a few humorous recollections and observations from "Jimmy Jam II" as well, and I will be sure to put them in writing sometime tomorrow when I am a little more energetic.  I also have a ton of photos, so I will be sure to begin sorting through them and post a recap very soon.

Congratulations to all our winners- in my book everyone there was a real champion this weekend!

The rain dampened nothing but the firewood, it seems.  Lots of fish, lots of smiles, and lots of laughs...

It was great to see some old friends and also make several new ones.  The 'new guys' were sure not new very long, and by Saturday afternoon it was great to hear so much conversation and see so many high fives...

You, my friends, kick arse...

I'll post a bunch of pics soon- I just need to call it a day and prepare to return to the Real World tomorrow!

I already can't wait for the next gathering!  Stay tuned for the photos!
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 03:00:38 (permalink)
    Can't wait to see the photos of the weekend I mostly missed. Thanks Jimmy for hosting us slobs again, and thanks to Lance for taking me aboard. I learned quite a few things from you in a short period of time. You certainly know how to fish. You even put me on a few fish. Hope to fish the 'hawk with you soon.

And like said before, it was great to see all the old faces, and all the new ones as well. I'm just sorry I couldnt stay for more than a few hours. If there is a next year, I'll be certain to take the weekend off if I'm scheduled to work.

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 03:42:23 (permalink)
    To all the NEW Guys, it was GREAT to meet you ALL!!!! Can't wait to fish with ALL of you some time in the near future!!! And to the old gang   !!!!!!!!!!!   BB and Big Red you two took some HEAT  off RF!!!!!! But Jeff you are SOME THING ELSE Bro!!! Maybe we can head down Jigs way for some Fishing and Fun!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 09:21:18 (permalink)
    I just can't put into words the fun I had this weekend. Some of it may be a blur, but the parts I remember were just such a blast!! The most fun I've had in a VERY long time.

Very much enjoyed everyone I fished with, your all welcome on the Lund any day!

What a great time!

Special props to Jimmy for putting this together and organizing the event. Awesome!!
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 11:08:26 (permalink)
    Sorry I missed out, sounds like it was a blast and cannot wait to see more pics. One of these times I might just make it and see the fun first hand.
                           Cheers Mates...

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 13:13:10 (permalink)
    JIMMY, Your the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 13:28:05 (permalink)
    Alright Guys,

Here is the first batch of photos off my camera...  Early in the day I was using Tuna's waterproof camera to take pics of some of the fish and party scenes...  He's got those so I bet a few might pop up here and there once he downloads them.

In the meantime, here are a few off my camera...  I have more to sort through, so I will post them in batches over the next day or so...

Is it just me, or does work REALLY SUCK today?  What a weekend!  You guys RULE!

Here we go!

It was a grey and rainy day on Saturday morning when we kicked things off- but the weather didn't seem to bother anyone!  We got the fire going, cracked a few totties, and everyone hit the lake!

DeadFishRed and HookLineSinker met up for the morning session and found some fish early!  HLS had his first fish within minutes- thereby effectively DOUBLING his fish take over the 2008 event:

Perch and Hot Tuna set sail with the trolling motor- since the ol' 1954 Evinrude felt the "Curse of Snyders Lake":

The action was pretty consistant 'right out of the gate' and the scorecard didn't look this empty for long:

ReelForce got on the board quick with a healthy Largie- one of over a dozen measured in on Saturday:

Mr. Jigs not only earned third place in the tournament, but also won the unofficial "Ironman" award for toughing-out the Friday night Monsoon and never letting the smile leave his face:

Lots of the cool "Leaopard Print" smallies were found during the tourney- some real gorgeous fish!

Look at the face on this one...  Tiger Stripes! :

Perch Inc. came out with guns blazing and put up some nice numbers, including some smallmouth:

Kayderossz realized quickly that 'every species matters' and measured in this whopper:

Hot Tuna tied for "Largest Fish" with this 17"+ Bucketmouth in the morning session:

New York Yank matched Tuna's fish not long therafter and ended up with the "Heavyweight Title Belt" due to a tiebreaker (next biggest fish), once again reaffirming the tourny format showed no favorites.

He also showed us a sweet new way to 'lip lock' a bass:

The panfish "Body Count" grew steadily all morning in preparation for the evening Fish Fry:

Lunch was scheduled for around noonish, and while we did grill some dogs and put a little food in our bellies, most time was spent warming and drying near the fire- refilling coolers- and 'staying hydrated':

As usual, Perch Inc. quickly garnered the "Most Valauble Player" award due to his generosity, kindness, and willingness to whip up some seriously good eats:

Screw those high-profile, high-pressure fishing tournaments on ESPN...  At "JIMMY JAM", we all encourage absolute relaxation and comeraderie...  This year was no exception- GREAT GROUP OF DUDES:

"Bassin' Brian" may not have defended his crown as "Reigning Champ" this year, but he sure did make a pretty strong run at being named "RAINING CHAMP" by the time he finally shut it down for a bit.  Here he is "drying out".

That term is funny to me on MANY levels:

The man knows how to dispose of Heinekins, and the smile never left his face...  As a result, our smiles never diminished either...  Eventually, we went from "Lunkerville" to "Drunkerville" but the thumbs-up was all we needed:

For the record- the man can "bounce back" with the best of them (but he will remain "Bluegill Brian" for awhile):

The afternoon session began with some mixing-and-matching of boat partners, and some nice fish continued to be found on the lake.  Rain showers diminished as the day wore on, and the laughter got louder too:

The walleye showed up for some, and proved that the more species you catch, the more likely you are to go home as the 2009 winner of "The Jam".  Here's Duane with one of the fish that made him this years champ!

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/08/31 14:20:14

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 14:04:37 (permalink)
    Santaman started on the slow side after being the "Last Man Standing" on Friday night...  But his afternoon rally was good enough to earn him an impressive Second Place in the tourney.  He showed us he is one heck of an all-around angler, in addition to his reputation as a serious lunker bass slayer in the Capital Region:

ReelForce once again showed some real ingenuity with this contraption...  Apparently there are lots of ways to keep your feet dry on rainy days.  The "Tin Man Fisheth":

We also discovered new uses for the wet footwear he was trying to avoid:

ReelForce can also fish like a mutha' too:

DeadFishRed found lots of fish and dialed-in during the afternoon session to find this slob/slab Bluegill:

Perch Inc. with another beautifully-colored Smallmouth.  You can barely see it in the camo:

Blitz came by for a few hours and put in some 'sweat equity' in the canoe:

Thank Goodness for the garbage cans...  No one went thristy this weekend:

Some guys chilled out and made "Jimmy Jam" what it should be...  Low-key, big-fun, and downright hilarious:

Some guys like New York Yank fished from a boat and from shore simulanteously:

Here is Perch Inc. "spilling one for the homies who couldn't make it" to the party this year:

"Two ships passing in the night", Mr. Jigs and Blitz head to their respective corners:

Mr. Jigs showed us how it is done, and came up with the best Waldo of the day...  This 16.5" fish was dinner:

JustMatt's boat served dual duty as the "Mother Ship" weigh station as well as a convenient place to dry out the soaked laundry from the morning rains.  Thanks for the use of the SWEET ride, Brother:

My yard looked like a makeshift marina, but we got 'em all in there:

Even the "Bronzeback Bandit" had to come ashore and rest for a bit...  But he didn't stop fishin':

It's funny how nearly everyone ended up on shore for a few horus of conversation and relaxation between serious bouts of fishing.  Here's the old guys and new guys comparing notes and lying to each other:

DeadFishRed brought a few Crappie back for the evening Fish Fry...  We delayed the main meal this year until dark, and while we had some grumbling stomachs, there was no grumbling among the ranks!

Fillet-Master Perch Inc. once again shared his expertise and provided a vitual CLINIC on how to clean pannies.  Santaman and some others were willing participants and hung on his every word:

DeadFishRed helped out by explaining to Santaman the shape of a knife blade:

Santaman wisely disregarded Red's drunken ramblings and went to work on his own:

Sadly, Hot Tuna's "classic" Evinrude didn't feel like partying this weekend and was laid to rest:

Ironically, some of our anglers really DID feel like partying this weekend and were laid to rest too:

Thanks to everyone for all their contributions, great attitudes, and willingess to just plain fish and party...  ReelForce really went 'above and beyond' to make sure we had all we needed.  And once again, he provided me with the one photo that best summarizes what the "Jimmy Jam" has come to mean to many of us...

Great friends, good fishing, and a whole lot of smiles and laugher...  THANK YOU REEL FORCE!!!

And thanks to ALL of you awesome dudes who came out and made "Jimmy Jam II" another rousing success on all fronts.  You guys truly are an amazing assemblage of kind hearts and gentlemen...  It never ceases to amaze me how a few beers and a few bass can bring together such a motley crew of awesome personalities.

My hats off to ALL OF YOU, and a sincere and grateful "THANK YOU" for being so cool.

Cheers to all, we're surely onto something great with this party and annual event.  I'm already looking forward to the next one!   You, my friends, are truly special people...  I am honored to know each and every one of you.

THUMBS UP IF YOU'RE HAVING FUN! 

Until next time.  JAM ON!

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/08/31 14:24:52
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 14:40:20 (permalink)
    **** ... i can't view any of the pics from work computer , can't wait to see them after i get home !!

Eventually, we went from "Lunkerville" to "Drunkerville"

Great play on words man
    deadfishred
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 15:03:49 (permalink)
    thats just plain funny right there. What a trip! Great pics and write up, really filled in the memory gaps!

I think its safe to say, a great time was had by all!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 18:37:30 (permalink)
    JJ-II was the Chit!!! Those who missed it , well you missed out on the big one.. Those who went knew how awesome it was , just awesome. I still ain't ready to sit and type and post pic's yet but soon. Some things that need mention.. Duane : GREAT fishing !!! A Huge Congrats !!!! You are a cool addition to the site.. Mr. Jigs : Don't get no better than dat my friend... another keeper to the group !!!!! Deadfishred: you are one good bro, drew those big carp in for all eyes on Ilikepike sunday mornin !!! You are a brother in arms !! JustMatt : You & Bigblue great times stayin dry in a complete downpour !!! Everyone that came made it a great time and I'll try and give some more props later because you all deserve them !!!

Jimmy: You know, NYY said it best ... Thanks for having a bunch of us slobs wallow around in your mud for 3 days of Peace, Fun & Music !!!
    post edited by hot tuna - 2009/08/31 18:38:31

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 18:45:18 (permalink)
    It was HLS that called us all slobs, man...

And I just noticed on another post that Perch Inc. referred to some of the gang as 'glue sniffers'... 

I couldn't help but laugh out loud- they are both right, I guess!
    ILikePike
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 124
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 18:52:04 (permalink)
    Even though I missed out on the Tournament saturday, I was glad to finally meet everyone on Sunday.
    You never know what to expect when meeting people over the internet.    
    But i'm happy to say, that everyone I met up there was as friendly and welcoming as you could imagine.
    Especially the host Jimmy. Not just anyone could pull off a party like this, and he did it!! 2 years in a row no less.
    So here's a big thanks to everyone I met up there, bassinbrian,hot tuna, mr jigs, duane, matt, Newyorkyank (thank you VERY much for breakfast!!), perch inc, deadfishred, reel force, santaman, and Jimmy. (hopefully I didn't forget anyone.... But it's possible)

I met my goal of at least "hooking into" some syders carp, sadly I wasn't able to land them due to equipment failure,not once....but twice

But rest assured, I will have my revenge on those snyders carps!!
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 18:55:17 (permalink)
    Yup, HLS gave that famous quote to JJ-II ...
    as for glue sniffers I don't know about that one... I think we surpassed that phase 30 years ago ?? Maybe just some good ole boys kickin back...

P.S.
    Pike: your right about the internet meeting thing, but did you ever find stalker fisherman ?? (well... maybe ) It was great to meet ya on sunday and you sure had us all interested in you tactic and fishing style.. I sure learned a bunch.. You are a very cool dude and for sure will fit right in with us "glue sniffers" . Stick around and we will be taking the show on the road once the hardwater hits !!!
    post edited by hot tuna - 2009/08/31 19:02:10

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 19:39:26 (permalink)
    Great pics all around man, definatly a better pic of Reelforce this year compared to last LOL !!!

Hey Lance, you look cozy  

Those are some of the nicest looking smallies.

You guys are an awesome group, glad to be part of it !

REEL FORCE
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 20:44:26 (permalink)
    I'm not even sure where to start ... Wow !!! What an awesome time ! From Friday at the start I knew JJ II would be something to remember this year ! From getting to hang with some of the "ole" crew to meeting some of the new guys - From fishing with Berry to hanging out on shore - to going out on Matty's boat - to the food to the fishing - to the hanging and conversation -for the fish being caught to the buzzes being caught (Brian & Lance) - From the moose to the fish -  I just didn't want it to end !

Thank You Jimmy !!!  
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 21:58:20 (permalink)
    THose pics are GREAT Jimmy, I kow you where takin the pics but we cant leave out the host brother. so although they are a little blurry here's a few of Jimmy kinda runnin round behind the scenes makin it all happin

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 21:59:53 (permalink)
    Jimmy and Matt on Big Blue
    post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/08/31 22:00:20

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 22:02:21 (permalink)
    Jimmy

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 22:04:17 (permalink)
    And ILikePike baiting up.

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/08/31 22:25:00 (permalink)
    And of course I have to agree with Bassin Brian, this was a BIG thumbs up!

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Jimmy Jam II 2009/09/01 20:46:27 (permalink)
    The Allman run sbds are IN the house !!!
    Also a nice treat Phish sbd 10/31/94 Glens Falls > The White Album ..

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: