SNAPPERS!!!

Author
porter64
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 161
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/22 00:14:38 (permalink)

SNAPPERS!!!

One of my favorite late summer hobies is to put out turtle lines, but I always like to hear if anyone has any tips. Im pretty successful but You can always get better!!!

2 Replies Related Threads

STH FEVOR
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: SNAPPERS!!! 2007/08/22 17:02:08 (permalink)
    Have'nt done this in year's, but all i used was flyline with the hook tied to a gallon jug. As for bait i used fish or tainted deer meat, when caught they always come to shore,i carried along pole with a hook on it to retrieve the jug. I only did this on small lakes and ponds...
    2fish
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: SNAPPERS!!! 2007/09/01 06:49:20 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: porter64

One of my favorite late summer hobies is to put out turtle lines, but I always like to hear if anyone has any tips. Im pretty successful but You can always get better!!!

porter,
     Try Sugarlake, there are some real monsters in that little lake. Last summer I thought that I grounded on a log and reached down to pull it out when this massive "clawed" foot wrapped around my forearm. I nearly went out of the opposite side of the boat when I realized what had a hold of me. That one had to be 24"-30" in diameter with a head much larger than my fist. I was lucky not to lose any fingers or my hand. I've also seen many smaller ones.
    Steve

Love 2fish
    Live 2fish
    Work in order to afford 2fish
    Jump to: