blazer vanes

Author
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/18 21:15:13 (permalink)

blazer vanes

Anyone tried them? I am switching from quickspins to blazer vanes on my gold tips this week. I figured I didnt need all that much spin since I usually shoot mechanicals anyway.

5 Replies Related Threads

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: blazer vanes 2007/08/19 06:33:12 (permalink)
    I've been looking at those vanes myself. Let us know how you like them..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: blazer vanes 2007/08/19 12:58:52 (permalink)
    I'll let you know how they shoot. I should have them all on before the end of the week.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: blazer vanes 2007/08/25 20:43:21 (permalink)
    Beat you to it.. Bought 6 new Terminator arrows fletched with blazer vanes. The guys at the archery shop said they are very good vanes..I've shot them at 15 yards getting my bow set back up. They really seem to stabilize the arrow quickly. I had a new string and harness put on my bow and bought 6 new arrows. I may have to go to a fall away rest to prevent any Fletch-rest contact. They are a very stiff vane and are not forgiving if they hit the riser or rest..

thedrake
    Pro Angler
    RE: blazer vanes 2007/08/26 15:43:43 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Beat you to it.. Bought 6 new Terminator arrows fletched with blazer vanes. The guys at the archery shop said they are very good vanes..I've shot them at 15 yards getting my bow set back up. They really seem to stabilize the arrow quickly. I had a new string and harness put on my bow and bought 6 new arrows. I may have to go to a fall away rest to prevent any Fletch-rest contact. They are a very stiff vane and are not forgiving if they hit the riser or rest..

You'll like the fallaway if you get one. I think there was a recent thread on the topic. I have a trophy taker shakey hunter, and love it. The bowshop I used to go to, replaced the stretchy chord with one that does not stretch, so that the launcher drops quicker, in time to avoid fletching contact. Otherwise, i've had no problems with it, and reccomend it.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: blazer vanes 2007/08/26 17:46:57 (permalink)
    I was going to pull up that old thread and see what was the most recommended.Thank you..BING

Jump to: