N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th

Author
Willow Creeker
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/29 12:49:45 (permalink)

N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th

The N.E.W.C. will be holding there 3rd event for the year on Lake Erie on Sunday August 16th.
The event will be held at North East Marina, in North East Pa.
This event is open for all anglers, and will pay $ 5,000.00 for 1st place, along with $ 1,000.00 for big fish with only 50 teams.
North East is located only a few miles from the New York State line, and teams arriving to pre fish for the MWC are encouraged to participate. Last year the migrating schools of eyes were right at the line this time of year.
Teams may fish all US waters.
We will be accepting late applications the morning of the event at the ramp, however we will only be accepting the first 50 Teams for this event, pre registration is extreemely appreciated.
The N.E.W.C. is a Cabelas qualifying circuit, as well as a Aim qualifying circuit.
We have changed the Team of the Year Points system from last years format to make it more angler friendly.
This years format lets anglers drop their lowest score of the 4 events, or skip one event and still have the same opportunity as teams fishing all 4 events. We have also eliminated the 50 bonus points for fishing all 4 events this year. Teams that have fished 1 of our first 2 events are still in great shape to win the prestigious Team of the Year Title.
We recognized early this winter the strain of fishing 4 traveling events would put on some teams in this economy, and are trying to make it as economical as we possibly can.
We have arranged a discout for lodging at the Red Carpet Inn in North East. Their # is (814) 725-4554, and let them know you are fishing our event to get the discount.
Entry Forms are able to be downloaded from our website at www.neweasternwalleyecircuit.com .
If foul weather cancells the event, you will be refunded 100% of your entry.
We would like to thank our prize sponsors Off Shore Tackle, Reef Runner Tackle, and Case knifes.
Tom Means

12 Replies Related Threads

kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/29 13:14:01 (permalink)
    So If I read this right, you can be at northeast Marina at 530 am and get your boat inspected and then trailer to any US port on Lake Erie to fish?

It says Fishing 7am until 330. What time do you have to be back there in line by for weigh in?

How many people per team? Is there a rod restriction?

If not a 30' can go out with 10 guys and fish 20 rods, correct?

Just trying to get some clarification here, the rules are pretty open and not much in the way of specifics.
    post edited by kingnuke32 - 2009/07/29 13:20:13
    Willow Creeker
    New Angler
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/30 09:26:37 (permalink)
    More details:

This is a 2 person team event out of North East Marina. Every one will start after the national anthem at North East.

You may fish all us waters, but you will be doing so starting from North East. You may not trailer your boat else ware to fish, and then trailer back.

You may boat in from another marina in the morning if you are docked else ware.

Every boat will undergo a fair play inspoection (standard for all events), at which time you will be given your boat number for the day.

You are allowed to use 2 rods per angler. All general fishing laws apply.

There is no penalty for dead fish.

Tom
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/30 10:33:11 (permalink)
    Copied from the NEWC website, it says you can launch from another ramp. Is this tournament different rules?

Entry fee appears to be $260 per team, is that right?

2009 TOURNAMENT RULES

Tournament rules meeting and registration to begin at 6:00 pm evening before event.  Meeting is not mandatory, if you are already registered and paid in full. Tournament Director can be reached at (814) 362-1423 or (814) 331-3112 cell - at event. Entry with at least a deposit due 14 Days prior to event.

If you are unable to fish the event after signing up due to emergency situations (death, injury, called to active duty, etc) your money will be refunded, or it will be applied to the next event.

This will be a live release tournament, but there will be no penalty for dead fish.

You may fish by yourself, or the captain may have as many substitutes as needed.

Points will stay with the team captain. In case of tie for Team of Year, any prize money will be split evenly. There will be no tie breaker.

In the event that the team captain will be unable to fish the remainder of the season, the partner (must be same partner for all events fished together) will be allowed to take over as captain, and keep all points earned to date. Tournament director must be notified of change prior to event as well as ok the change.

You may launch at another ramp, but your boat “must” under go a fair play inspection at the designated launch site before take off.

Each team member is required to have all applicable fishing licenses if age requires, and must abide by all applicable laws. P F D’s must be worn when main combustion engine is running in gear above trolling speeds.

All boats must comply with all U.S. Coast guard and appropriate states requirements.

You may not leave your boat at any time during the tournament unless there is an emergency.

You may not come in contact with any other boat except for emergency, or mechanical breakdown.

Tournament contestants are responsible for determining whether the weather conditions are safe or not once event has started.

All boats are to be ready for their “fair play” inspection before they launch 5:30 – 6:45 am, at which time they will receive that days boat number.

Teams may bring no more than 5 legal fish to the scales each day.  Teams bringing an undersized fish to the scale will result in the team forfeiting their biggest fish in their catch.  All fish will be measured on the official tournament scale.

In the event of a tie, prize money shall be split equally between the tied teams. Both teams will receive the higher position points. If both teams did not weigh a big fish, a coin toss or fish off will decide the out come of plaques.

Start time will begin at 7:00 am, and arrival time will be at 3: 30 pm. Times may be modified the morning of the event if necessary by the director. You will loose 1 lb per minute you are late ( late is NOT being in site of observer at return spot ).

Payouts are based on number of teams as follows, 1 - 15 = 3 places, 16 - 20 = 4 places, 21 - 55 = 5 places, 56 -80 = 8 places, 81 and more = 10 places.

Championship: Any added money will be awarded to winners based on number of events fished during the year at 20 percent for each event fished.

Liability/Waiver - N.E.W.C., all host sites (North East Marina, Oneida Shores, Mosquito park, Pendergrass state launch, Corydon General Store owner) board members, partners, employees, helpers, sponsors, promoters, tournament directors, and organizations assisting in the tournament operation are not responsible for injuries, deaths, damages, liability, theft, fire, or any loss of any kind to contestants and their equipment. Each entrant, upon signing an entry form and or participating in the event, will be signing a waiver on that form stating that they assume full responsibility for the above and their actions are voluntary. It is there responsibility to determine if the conditions are not safe. Disqualification from the tournament for any reason will result in forfeiture of entry fee. The Tournament Director’s ruling will be the final decision in any rules interpretation.

post edited by bulldog1 - 2009/07/30 10:34:24
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/30 11:55:27 (permalink)
    Yup I read what Bulldog posted and that differs from what you are writing. Is there a complete set of rules somewhere that is different than what is posted on the website?
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/30 11:57:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Willow Creeker

More details:

This is a 2 person team event out of North East Marina. Every one will start after the national anthem at North East.

You may fish all us waters, but you will be doing so starting from North East. You may not trailer your boat else ware to fish, and then trailer back.

Every boat will undergo a fair play inspoection (standard for all events), at which time you will be given your boat number for the day.

You are allowed to use 2 rods per angler. All general fishing laws apply.

There is no penalty for dead fish.

Tom

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/30 12:03:47 (permalink)
    You may launch at another ramp, but your boat “must” under go a fair play inspection at the designated launch site before take off.

I guess they could mean the same thing, but the rules pages sounds like you can have your boat inspected at NE then go launch where you want.

I generally don't fish tournaments, but found this one interesting since I'll hopefully be fishing that day anyway. Sounds like fun, I just don't like not fully understanding the rules. I'm sure that a bunch of guys would rather get inspected and haul their boats west to launch, especially this year.
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/30 12:10:42 (permalink)
    If you can boat in from another marina then what't the big deal of you go get inspected then trailer to another lanuch. Unless they want to be sure you don't do something illegal once you leave... I can't think of what you would do though...
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/07/30 12:17:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bulldog1

I guess they could mean the same thing, but the rules pages sounds like you can have your boat inspected at NE then go launch where you want.

I generally don't fish tournaments, but found this one interesting since I'll hopefully be fishing that day anyway. Sounds like fun, I just don't like not fully understanding the rules. I'm sure that a bunch of guys would rather get inspected and haul their boats west to launch, especially this year.

Agreed I'm interested but would like a better set of rules and clarification.
    Willow Creeker
    New Angler
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/08/03 12:51:17 (permalink)
    To clarify the rule:

Some lakes that are tournaments are held on have multiple ramps, or marinas where anglers have there boats docked at.

In an attempt to be as angler friendly of an event as we can be, we allow anglers to launch their boats from another boat ramp than the one we hold our event out of. Anglers wishing to do this have to then boat to the launching ramp that we are running the event out of, at which time we do a fair play inspection of the boat (same one that every boat goes threw) and give them their boat number.
    They will then wait with all the other teams for the National Anthem, at which time we will release boats in numerical order to start their day competing in the event.

Anglers are NOT allowed to retrailer their boats, and drive to another location to fish, and then retrailer back to the weigh ins.

The same scenario is for boats that are allready docked at a marina. We allow them to boat to the tournament site, rather than have to Take there boats out of the water and trailer them.

As I said, we try to make it as easy as possible for people to enjoy their angling experience with us. For smaller boats, it is not that big of a deal to trailer a boat, but for the bigger boats, it would add a lot of work.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Look forward to seeing you there. 

Tom Means
    Willow Creeker
    New Angler
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/08/10 15:32:26 (permalink)
    Bringing this back on top.
    Event is shaping up nicely, with teams calling every day to let me know they are coming.
    At this rate, this should be our biggest event for the year.
    I received another call late last night that indeed a very large school of migrating eyes has traveled over the border from ohio, and are moving deeper into pa, along with the other eyes that have been there.
    Local contact informed me that large eyes are indeed at North East. With all the bait, it will be a fun and challenging event to see who figures out how to trigger them.
    Again, thank you for letting me know who is coming ahead of time, it makes it a lot easier on us to plan ahead to make the event as pleasureable as possible.
    In case of event being cancelled for bad weather, we will return 100% of your entry money!!!
    Tom Means
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/08/10 15:39:33 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Willow Creeker

Bringing this back on top.
    Event is shaping up nicely, with teams calling every day to let me know they are coming.
    At this rate, this should be our biggest event for the year.
    I received another call late last night that indeed a very large school of migrating eyes has traveled over the border from ohio, and are moving deeper into pa, along with the other eyes that have been there.
    Local contact informed me that large eyes are indeed at North East. With all the bait, it will be a fun and challenging event to see who figures out how to trigger them.
    Again, thank you for letting me know who is coming ahead of time, it makes it a lot easier on us to plan ahead to make the event as pleasureable as possible.
    In case of event being cancelled for bad weather, we will return 100% of your entry money!!!
    Tom Means

There have been eyes in NE and people did very well on them over the weekend. With just weighing  5 fish luck will play a role in this one. Should be lots of 12 fish limits
    Willow Creeker
    New Angler
    RE: N.E.W.C. - Lake Erie event - august 16th 2009/08/12 20:43:26 (permalink)
    Glad to hear fish are turning on.

Teams will start to arrive tomorrow. I do not fish my own events, But I am taking a friend for his first time on Erie tomorrow. He only has a N.Y.license, so we will launch out of Barcellona, and head to the line.

Can't wait, weather looks good fore the weekend.

Tom
    Jump to: