Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk

Author
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/26 13:41:15 (permalink)

Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk

Carcus, Kingnuke and I took on the adventure of marking the Log semi protruding out of the water NE of Walnut. The day started at 5am with the weather report from Nuke. I met him down at his camp and we drove to Walnut launch to meet Carcus. Of course we weren't just heading out to mark the log, we had to do some sort of fishing. Lake was 2-3's in close and 3's and some sloppy 4's way out....Went out and anchored over a nice school of perch, only 1 taker. After 20 Mins or so Captain Nuke made the decision to move in to shallower water. Found some good marks and dropped anchor. Down and up from there with our 90 Perch. Nuke and I thought that Carcus was gonna toss his Breakfast, but he was a trooper and hung in there... I just personally met these 2 guys yesterday, and they are 2 awesome dudes. Special thanks to both of these guys, Carcus for going for a swim and marking the log, and nuke for taking us out fishing and on a great expedition....The markers should help Identify the log if it happens to be rough or it happens to protrude more into the water. It is currently about 1/2 mile NE of Walnut in about 25 FOW........

Here is a pic of our cooler after all said and done....

On our way in we located the log........Sticking out about 3 feet and when a wave breaks over it, you can only see the tip....

Here is Carcus with the Bottles and of course, his "Love Glove"......

Here is Carcus floating on his back tying the buoy's to the log..... This should make it much more visible to boaters......

And another picture of Carcus swimming back to the boat......

26 Replies Related Threads

Lundking
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 214
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 13:46:01 (permalink)
    Great to hear someone took the whole log thing into their own hands.. that thing could be horrible trouble but it looks like you guys fixed it! Great pics, and from a Walnut Launch user, thanks a lot!!

Save a horse, ride a Lund

Friends don't let Friends fish for Trout (Stockies that is..)

Eriefisherman69
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 183
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 14:49:17 (permalink)
    Don't break your arm
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 14:59:54 (permalink)

vest gives "snug" a new meaning

post edited by KJH807 - 2009/07/26 15:00:15
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 15:18:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: KJH807

vest gives "snug" a new meaning

Here's an Idea, why don't you:

1. Listen to The Devil Makes Three (Or whatever horrible kind of music fits for fancy)
    2. Lay back smoke a big J, if your not already
    3. Stop posting in a negative way on a contructive post such as this one in places that you do not fish!!!
    4. Have a Nice Day!!!!

KJH807
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 15:26:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: BIGSLICK

1. Listen to The Devil Makes Three (Or whatever horrible kind of music fits for fancy)
    3. Stop posting in a negative way on a contructive post such as this one in places that you do not fish!!!
    4. Have a Nice Day!!!!

why don't you go Fu(k yourself

i wasn't talking to you... rather joking with someone else
    i don't smoke pot
    please... tell me "where i fish"

BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 15:35:58 (permalink)

i don't smoke pot

Thank you Mr class act....Seems you fish the internet mostly...

KJH807
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 15:38:02 (permalink)
    do your homework, sport
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 15:40:46 (permalink)

do your homework, sport

didn't get the assignment teach......

Trap Jaw
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 233
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 16:31:12 (permalink)
    OMG, you're littering!!!  Just kidding.

I'll help solve the problem, just get me out there with my saw and I'll get that thing out of there.

clearwater
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 345
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 17:49:55 (permalink)
    why must ppl  be a holes on here they did a good thing  and ppl gotta make jokes..      to bad uns couldnt get a big a$# barrel or someting on it i know the dam barrels out near port clinton are hard to see in 3 to 4s they mark the airforce base test range..  one not to far out of wings west merina u gotta watch for.   o yeah and as for the saw uns need to get ahold of some stump busters aka blasting caps. 
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 18:15:12 (permalink)
    Twas a good day. Carcus sure was a trooper for toughin it out and putting those last few in the box. Good day on the water. Thanks for tagging along guys!
    indsguiz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6354
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 20:37:27 (permalink)
    You folks did a good thing.  I still have a ?  if it is floating almost straight up couldn't somebody put a line on it and tow it almost to the beach?

Illegitimis Non carborundum
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 20:42:46 (permalink)
    Mabee you guys can be the new Aqua Loggers like I saw on the Discovery channel..

That screamin old man was a nut job...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 20:48:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: indsguiz

You folks did a good thing.  I still have a ?  if it is floating almost straight up couldn't somebody put a line on it and tow it almost to the beach?

It is Huge...It's plugged straight down into the mud....I don't know the HP you will need to pull it out of there, but I don't know anybody that has enough....

Bogeyjoker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1704
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 20:53:10 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

That's putting it mildly.
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/26 21:38:06 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

Mabee you guys can be the new Aqua Loggers like I saw on the Discovery channel..

LMAO!!!!!! S&S Aqua Logging. what a riot. how about the poor duud in the smaal boat always smoking always getting yelled at when the kid's not taking an earful.

begging to bench the stillers starting qb after a loss since 1933--a Pittsburgh tradition

bench ben and trade crosby. just sayin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-cFMwy8V8
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/27 09:01:34 (permalink)
    KJH, I thought it was funny.
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/27 11:06:38 (permalink)
    Nice job guys!  I launched out of the nut on Friday and there were actually two logs out there, one to the East and one to the West. Both were visible as you were leaving the channel, so keep your eyes open.
    carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/27 16:56:31 (permalink)

4. Have a Nice Day!!!!

i don't smoke pot

OK, Tim I appreciate your support but KJH and I have a history of completely joking around.  He's the one that gave me the name LuvGluv.  But thanks for having my back. 

KJH...that vest wasn't that tight...lmao... i just wanted to show off my 1/4 keg.

Nuke, thanks again man...had a blast and still kept my breakfast.  Let me know next time you're up. 

Bigslick, it was great meeting you Sat night and fishing beside you (literally beside you) Sunday morning. 

Nuke/Bigslick, thanks for the great time and getting me close to the log.  That was a little harder than everything thinks.  Waves were blasting me, the current was very strong and the wind didn't help either.  Oh, and the fact that Bigslick's knots came undone as I am getting ready to secure them so I had to float/swim to stay near the log and figure out a new way to secure them to the log.  Talk about a work out.

I told you all I would do it if someone got me out there.  Too many ppl complain and talk about things but not too many will actually partake in the activities.  I hope this helps keep you boaters safe. 

Tight lines and safe boating...

LoveGlove United
    carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/27 16:59:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: indsguiz

THat log is not going anywhere.... the wind and waves (and my fat arse) wasn't even budging it... it is burried in the mud...

FYI there are no branches protruding out from the log....it's just the trunk itself.  It slopes to the West about a 45 degree angle.

Also, we noticed another tree/branches sticking out just east of this log...there are flag markers on it.. fyi....

LoveGlove United
    carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/27 16:59:39 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: bulldog1

Nice job guys!  I launched out of the nut on Friday and there were actually two logs out there, one to the East and one to the West. Both were visible as you were leaving the channel, so keep your eyes open.

I think I dropped the 2nd one...lmao!!!!

LoveGlove United
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/28 11:31:11 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: carcus1211

Oh, and the fact that Bigslick's knots came undone as I am getting ready to secure them so I had to float/swim to stay near the log and figure out a new way to secure them to the log. 

I think it was ur crappy rope.......lol.....Don't bring me in to this.....

cooljauman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1633
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/28 11:42:13 (permalink)

Oh, and the fact that Bigslick's knots came undone as I am getting ready to secure them so I had to float/swim to stay near the log and figure out a new way to secure them to the log. 

shoulda used a top-jaw rope steve irwin style....

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
    carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/28 11:47:44 (permalink)

Don't bring you into it...how many trips around the log did Nuke have to make b/c you couldn't tie a slip knot.... Or could be the fact that I didn't help...lol

LoveGlove United
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/28 11:48:57 (permalink)

Don't bring you into it...how many trips around the log did Nuke have to make b/c you couldn't tie a slip knot.... Or could be the fact that I didn't help...lol

Thought I was gonna hafta call the fuel boat. Knot tying class 101 next trip out!
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    RE: Adventures of Marking the Log at Walnut Crk 2009/07/28 12:05:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: kingnuke32

Thought I was gonna hafta call the fuel boat. Knot tying class 101 next trip out!

lol...We were fishing the log structure in Lake erie...lol....Fair is Fair...Knot tying class it is....

Jump to: