Author
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/13 13:31:23 (permalink)

New Record Brookie

Tom Yacovella holding his state record
5 lb 4.5 oz brook trout caught on June 7, 2009.

Caught at Raquette lake, on a Rapala.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL

1 Reply Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: New Record Brookie 2009/07/13 13:42:55 (permalink)
    That's awesome that you posted this...  I was just reading about the new Brook Trout record this weekend, and was actually up on Raquette lake with the canoe on Saturday.  The bar/hotel in town has a season-long fishing tourney and the results thus far were posted there.

I was pretty amazed to see several Brookies posted exceeding 3lbs, and most were over 17"...  Sweet fish!

I was saying to my friend, "The Brookie record is going to be broken this year out of a lake like this, or the Marion River"

About five hours later I was reading about this fish, taken a few days prior.  Sounds like the Raquette gave up another bruiser, and I can only assume it came from the mouth of the Marion.  That river seems to produce BRUISER brook trout!

The DEC tests and checks are all done, and unlike 'record' brookies- this one was no Splake.

What an awesome fish...  Thanks for posting, I had almost forgotten I wanted to mention this one!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Jump to: