A few Fishusa members on the water

Author
bassinbrian
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 902
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/03 12:45:24 (permalink)

A few Fishusa members on the water

Got the pleasure of fishing with Hot Tuna (RJ) this morning, met him a few times over the past year but our 1st time fishing together. We took the early morning shift , hit the water @ 5:30am ... later on Santaman (Paul) was out there with a friend (the afternoon shift), they are still out now ... hopefully sticking some fish

We started chucking topwater from the start when this slob joined us in the boat  ...

She came in @ 5lbs 6oz  ... it was my 1st fish of day and ONLY bass of day ! If i'm only going to catch one i'm really happy it was that one.

RJ had monster pickerle crushing his spinnerbait all morning, they were big and very aggressive.
A little later in the morning he enticed this nice bass on a popper ...

I was hoping the bass would be a little more willing to get thier pics taken with us and really wanted to put RJ
on a hawg, but either way i knew we would have a good time out there. Shared some good stories and laughs

When we stopped and chatted with Paul for a few minutes they didn't boat any bass yet but found a few other species.

I got home and said to my wife .... i really wish i could fish everyday !!!

Hope every body has a great 4th !!!

BB

9 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/03 13:35:16 (permalink)
    Brian you sure do play in the land of Lunkerville. Man There are some hogs in there as your fish and pic's prove. While I slammed the heck out of the pickerel they were without a doubt the biggest pickerel I have ever seen let alone caught...  It was a GREAT day out with you and many thanks esp. for putting up with that squealing reel all morning .

Santa (Paul) , good to see you guys out and we seen some splashing from your way. Hope you guys got some piggys..

I couldn't even tell you where Lunkerville is because Brian blind folded me then put me in the bed of his Tundra under the tonneau cover. I can say I got dizzy after about 2 hrs back there.

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/03 16:00:37 (permalink)
    Those ARE a couple a nice pigs there fellas. Wish I could have joined you. Worked 'til 11am. My next days off are Tues-Thurs. Get in touch if you wanna search for some walleye (that goes for any regulars on this site, including the new regulars.)

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/03 22:06:39 (permalink)
    Way to go! Brian I thinks ya could catch a wopper in a mud puddle, lol  You the man! nice bass. The way you lke the top water I would love to see you on the bayous back in Louisiana workin a frog along the cypress roots. think you would get a kick out of that as well. well my truck is just about fixed back up 4 new tires and a set of shocks and I will be fishing uop that way most weekends. hope to run across some of you guys. 

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    santaman67
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 42
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/04 06:45:54 (permalink)
    What a pig Brian!!

We ended up boating about 3-4 LMB each.  Biggest weighed 3lb 4oz which Mike landed - overall an off day for lunkerville, but we enjoyed being out there as always.  The pickeral remained pretty aggressive throughout the day. Mike thanks you for allowing him to get a taste of what top water frogging is all about.

It was good to see RJ out there with you.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/04 07:59:44 (permalink)
    NICE!!!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/09 21:29:16 (permalink)
    LUNKERS!!!

That place has become the stuff of legends...  I think Reel Force got to go there once.  And I think a bass from that day ended up at the taxidermist.  Those are some real bass there, Genn'lmen!

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/07/09 21:37:06

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/09 22:01:59 (permalink)
    LOL thats cool post jimmy.

A lure drawing the first strike of an early morning, the strong tug on the end of your line, the excitement of a leaping fish... that,s livin large!
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/09 22:03:56 (permalink)

Yeah Jeff took one of my pets last year  

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    RE: A few Fishusa members on the water 2009/07/09 22:07:26 (permalink)
    Lunkerville is a pretty cool show, i have met the owner/producer Mike D (the guy in that lunerville ad) a few times via another site i frequent (nybass) he is part owner of that too.

Nice guy too.

Jump to: