Zoom Bait Co. Flukes

Author
Dark Hollow 1
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 56
  • Reward points: 0
2009/06/04 17:01:56 (permalink)

Zoom Bait Co. Flukes

Ya know I have been fishing for large and smallmouth bass all my life and I'm almost ashamed to admit this but it took an astute smallmouth river guide from West Virginia to school me on using these baits. Now I'm like a kid whose discovered a new toy. They are great and I am sure most of y'all have been using them for a long time but I was wondering what fish other than bass have you caught on them.
I have had brown trout absolutely attack these things, the guide had told me he's caught walleye and trout on them but I had to see it to believe it. I'm convinced now.

Thanks

Dark Hollow

I have to grow old but I'll never grow up.

6 Replies Related Threads

mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: Zoom Bait Co. Flukes 2009/06/04 17:15:26 (permalink)
    One of my favorites...The Fluke!

I've caught about every saltwater fish imaginable on them, and pretty much ALL fresh water lake fish with them, too. Don't forget to rig them on a jighead for a great deep water bait.

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
    http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
    aquaholic2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Zoom Bait Co. Flukes 2009/06/04 18:07:34 (permalink)
    I'v caught numerous lakers on them at Raystown
    kill3ducks1deer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 699
    RE: Zoom Bait Co. Flukes 2009/06/04 18:13:52 (permalink)
    Any chance you guys can help me out, i bought some of these and have no idea how to use them

"Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it." Ed Zern
    AKKingBuster
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 32
    RE: Zoom Bait Co. Flukes 2009/06/09 11:44:30 (permalink)
    Hey Aqua

How are you rigging them to catch Lakers in Raystown. I'm guess you are going alittle deeper with them? I use Flukes all the time, but usually with no weight, and have not had much luck when I do weight them. The flukes were the ticket yesterday out of James creek. We landed 10 fish and lost acouple more including a real hog up towards Brumbaughs. 10 fish is a good day for me. I would really like to figure out the Lakers though, I enjoy eating them. Friends tell me they catch them on crank baits but I never have. I have caught them on roostertails shallow in April and umbrella rigs trolling for stripers. Thanks...
    dstewart
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 90
    RE: Zoom Bait Co. Flukes 2009/06/14 13:02:20 (permalink)
    i started to use them this year at a couple of small bass ponds, and like you, i was amazed at how great they work.  i rig them unweighted with a worm hook and slowly jig them like a dying minnow.  theres only one other lure that has caught me fish like these and thats the classic tube.  ive caught browns in the clarion along with smallmouth. largemouth in ponds, one big crappie and a couple of walleye in the ohio.  all the other fish were caught while i was fishing for bass.  i wasnt going for anything else but hooked into them and as long as im catching fish i dont care what hits them but they seem to catch anything that eats minnows
    plnoldrick
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: Zoom Bait Co. Flukes 2009/06/14 23:29:59 (permalink)
    depending of what part of the water column or action i want i will either texas rig them with a regular old ewg hook, texas rig them with an ewg hook and a small split shot about a foot and a half up or use a weighted swimbait hook. i'll use smaller ones on a drop shot.
    Jump to: