anyone willing to let mentored youth hunt?

Author
Jimmy the Fish
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points: 0
2007/07/29 21:52:52 (permalink)

anyone willing to let mentored youth hunt?

hello,
my name is James, i have a mature nine year old boy that is going to hunt as a mentored youth this year. He has a sincere interest in hunting and nature. I am looking for someone willing to let us hunt on their property for at least squirrels ( maybe turkey and deer depending on how it goes). I know the gamelands are available, but i am looking for a less pressured area to teach him. We are safe, non littering hunters that would trade handyman work or labor for an opprotunity. I live in erie and will travel as far as crawford, north springfield , fairview, etc. if u r willing please pm me. thank you in advance for your consideration
post edited by Jimmy the Fish - 2007/07/29 22:48:46

3 Replies Related Threads

jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: anyone willing to let mentored youth hunt? 2007/07/30 16:06:20 (permalink)
    Theres plenty of public parcels of land open to hunting that are not gamelands. Im not familiar with the erie area but im sure theres plenty. You would be surprised how devoid the woods are of hunters once you leave game lands, even state forests are EMPTY.

As a side note, find a farm that has some area you think you might like to hunt. Take your boy with you, stop at the farm, my suggestion would be mid afternoon and ask the farmer. Im willing to bet... especially with him along they wont say no.

Also, Im looking for some responsible youngsters who have their parents willing to join to come out here in central pa for the early pheasant season. You get to hunt with my new dog(ginger, GSP) who listens pretty darn well. She needs the bird expereience. I only have a few rules... 1: You must have an adult with you, im an adult but i will be doing nothing but handling the dog. 2: You ONLY shoot when I say your clear and last but not least... 3: No one except me, gives my dog commands. I cant guarentee you will shoot birds but the dog works hard and has a great nose with some solid skills for her age.

Anyone interested can email me @ jlh42581@yahoo.com . If I get more then 1 response, we will eaither hunt as a group or I will split the group depending on size. We will hunt August 11th, at a location here in centre county to be named in the email. Depending on the heat will determine the length of the hunt. It will be in the morning. I would go for the opener but I already have a vaction planned with my family.
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: anyone willing to let mentored youth hunt? 2007/07/30 17:02:21 (permalink)
    Lots of land in North Springfield Jimmy.  Land for all kinds of game.  Ask around.
    Jimmy the Fish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: anyone willing to let mentored youth hunt? 2007/07/30 17:55:08 (permalink)
    jeremy,
        thanx for the invite, would love to do it a different time or participate in another upcoming event. right now is a little soon for my boy to attempt "fast moving targets". Once again, very kind of you to extend the offer.
    Jump to: