Lake George

Author
eagleed
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/28 08:59:39 (permalink)

Lake George

As usual Eagle Crg and I were a day(s) late and missed the smelt at Hague Brook.  Went up Monday and got skunked, but the seagulls are still there feeding so there was some bait still around.  All we saw were all the suckers in the Hague Brook feeding on whatever they could find.  Out on the lake I saw one fish jump, but that was it for the day.  We fished streamers and spoons off the sand bar just out from the public parking lot.
We then went down and tried Million Dollar Beach, but no luck there either.  A beautiful day, but we wanted to avoid the crowds on the Hudson so we went to Lake George.  As Eagle Crg said, "It's just nice to be out on such a wonderful day even if we haven't caught any fish!".  I said "BS!".
Jimmy "Great to hear you have done so well with the Salmon River and the Hudson!". 

Eagle Ed

2 Replies Related Threads

Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Lake George 2009/04/28 18:08:21 (permalink)
    It's funny how this may be the one time of year when someone can go to Lake George to "avoid the crowds"!

For nine months out of the year the place is crawling with ice fisherman, tourists and/or boaters...

But that window between ice-out and Memorial Day is pretty quiet around there! 

Next time I bet you could find some brookies under the falls on Hague Brook, I usually stop there when I am around to take a walk and pull out a little native or two.  There are tons of them in that little stream, but I think they tend to stay near the falls.  I wish they would head down into the lake and get some size to 'em!!!
    EagleCrg
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 160
    RE: Lake George 2009/04/29 21:33:51 (permalink)
    Sink:  From what we saw, they ought to call it Sucker Brook.  Lots of big suckers in there spawning.  Would have been a good time to yank some out for sucker spawn.  
    Jump to: