Crappie Jig's favorit choices.

Author
Mr.Jigs
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 352
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/18 19:42:11 (permalink)

Crappie Jig's favorit choices.

Although an avid bass angler, I have come to really enjoy crappie fishin in my, ummm, older years. i have fished for bass and pan fish across the us from California to Louisiana and then all the way up to the great state of NY. and in all the places I've fished one color jig has remained the top choice for me in producing panfish with the occasional bass, cpickeral and even catfish thrown in for good measure and thats the black top and shartruese skirt jig.
early when the fish are still a little slow to chase I use the slip float method and do very well, later when they pick up in action i use the jig alone and slow real it.
and even switch to the curly tail jigs but still same black chartreuse color combo and although I've caught them on other types this combo has out produced all the rest for me. was wondering what you may be using and whats your favorit?
post edited by Mr.Jigs - 2009/04/18 21:34:23

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

2 Replies Related Threads

blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: Crappie Jig's favorit choices. 2009/04/18 20:09:48 (permalink)
    yep, the tubes w/ black top and chartruese skirt has been good to me, got this one a few days ago on one

but i also like the red top w/ green skirt, sparkles all over, especially the 1'' model for gills.
    welcome to the forum

Mr.Jigs
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 352
    RE: Crappie Jig's favorit choices. 2009/04/18 21:36:42 (permalink)
    Nice gill blitz! yea I have also had good luck with that combo myself its my second favorit choice.
    Jump to: