Trout....Geyser Brook

Author
Wisdom
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
2009/04/16 17:44:10 (permalink)

Trout....Geyser Brook

They stocked Geyser Brook in the Spa State Park yesterday with browns. I went today for about 3 hours. A lot of stockies visible but hard to get them to hit. Most of them are not hungry enough to hunt yet. They will chase a spinner then turn away. A couple were popping moths off the surface ever once and awhile. I did get one to hit a white streamer on the fly rod but missed the set. Only thing landed was a hold over brookie about 14 inches on a dilly. He was nice and fat. Did see about another 5 or 6 hold overs of good size but was elbow to elbow with a bunch of kids so they got spooked real easy. I caught the brookie after they thinned out some.
          Tight Lines Mates, Cheers

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com

2 Replies Related Threads

Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Trout....Geyser Brook 2009/04/18 18:34:04 (permalink)
    Wisdom, Try a Small Mr. twister motor oil in color!!! 

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Wisdom
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 374
    RE: Trout....Geyser Brook 2009/04/18 21:33:21 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Perch Inc.

Wisdom, Try a Small Mr. twister motor oil in color!!! 
    Thanks Perch,
    I did see a guy using something along those line but same thing, they would run at it then turn. They will get hungry sooner or later.

A Bad Day of Fishing Beats the Hell Out of a Good Day at Work!!! But work ain't to bad either...flyshack.com
    Jump to: