Salmon River Pulaski, NY. Cape Cod, Pics, Articles, Tips, Forecast, Etc....

Author
Randy Jones
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points: 0
2009/03/15 11:14:01 (permalink)

Salmon River Pulaski, NY. Cape Cod, Pics, Articles, Tips, Forecast, Etc....

As most of you know the fishing has been reeeel good for most anglers.
-
Due to the fact that everthing relates to current breaks, the fish are actually more concentrated now,  then in 335cfs. 1,800 cfs is sooo easy to wade fish and is also a very productive flow, once you understand how to fish it. (Current break related :) We have less good current breaks in 1,800 than in 335. Thats why the fish are more concentrated and easier in my opionion. You would think just the opposite :) I rarely need to fish from the driftboat in 1,800 cfs and above. The boat is normally just used for transportation. You would think just the opposite :)
-
All presentational tec. are working, some more productive than other's, which is very normal. As long as you are achieveing your 80% presentation, 10% rigging and 10% habitat, your day will be fish filled.
-
We presently have fish coming in, preparing to spawn, pairing up, spawning and even some drop backs. Look for this to continue thru March and then April look for the balance to be on the rock and droppinig back.
-
With this being another year like last, its easy to forecast a reeel nice Spring. Lot's of fish around. My guest's have been averaging approx. doz. fish per outing. Sometimes less, sometimes more :)
-
For your best fishing, I'd persoanally recommend fishing where you have a gravel influence above, even with and below where you are fishing for obvious reason's. This what myself and many other seasoned anglers - guides do in the Fall and Spring. Or, when ever we have fish laying egg's - eating egg's.
-
The fish are all pairing up as we speak so dont be surprised if you hit several fish on the exact same drift. Each female could have up to 5-6 bucks hanging around here, hopeing to get layed :)
So,,,, If I land a female at this time of the year I put her back asap (no pictures) WHY? She is the bait and the sole reason all of those bucks are around. If you mess with that female, then all of those bucks have no reason to hang around and will disappear. If Im sight fishing then I always leave the female alone. Why? She is spawning so let her B. Also, the bucks well all leave if you mess with her. If I accedentially hook her I break her off as fast as you can blink an eye. If done fast enouph, correctly, she wont even know she was hooked. There by keeping all of those buck's around to cast at and have fun with!
-
All holes are holding, top to bottom. All of the transitional resting points are producing. All area's will continue to produce for you the rest of the season.
-
Look for this season to last into at least the first week of May. Normally longer. Mother nature will determine this.
-
I hope this complementary info. has entertained, helped a lil.
Best Fish's,
Randy
P.S. I have some good Steelhead articles, tips, pics, forecast's, updates, etc... if your a new viewer. Ramblings galore if you like to read. It may help you on your next trip up here or at least entertain you :)
Most of this is archived material @ Fishing Reports - http://www.yankeeangler.com

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: