Shenango evening/lunker tournys

Author
bassfan
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points: 0
2007/07/06 13:58:36 (permalink)

Shenango evening/lunker tournys

I am somewhat new to the area and have been trying to find any information on weekly open lunker/evening tournaments on Shenango.  I understand that they are held on Lake Arthur on a fairly regular basis but hp restriction keeps my boat off the lake.  I have attempted to find information on the internet via the various bass clubs around the area but have not been successful.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies Related Threads

Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: Shenango evening/lunker tournys 2007/07/06 14:09:02 (permalink)

bassfan
    New Angler
    RE: Shenango evening/lunker tournys 2007/07/06 14:37:10 (permalink)
    Thanks Skip16503, Im at work at the moment and their site is blocked, but I believe I had searched there before and could not find any info.  I did not pose the question however, I will give that a try this evening. 

If anyone else has any info, would love to hear it.

Thanks all

chugbug
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Shenango evening/lunker tournys 2007/07/09 16:52:58 (permalink)
    Bassfan, there are no regular open tournaments at Shenango other than KBBC which was already held this year. This includes any regular evening or lunker tournaments. The link to the bass club that sponsors the weekly evening tourney at Arthur is:
    http://www.butlerbasscasters.com/
    As far as local bass clubs, most clubs are now affiliated with either the The PA Bass Federation (TBF) or PA Federation Nation (BASS). The following links could help you find a local club.
    http://www.pabass.com/
    http://www.pabassfederation.com/
    Presque Isle Bassmasters sponsor several open buddy tournaments and a weekly evening tournament on Presque Isle Bay. Their website is:
    http://www.pibass.com/
    Hope this helps. Chugbug
    post edited by chugbug - 2007/07/09 16:55:14
    bassfan
    New Angler
    RE: Shenango evening/lunker tournys 2007/07/10 14:41:02 (permalink)
    Thank you for that info Chugbug, Im amazed that a lake like Shenango with so many avid bass fisherman around would not have any regular evening open tournaments.  Unfortunate for anyone with a motor over 20hp.  I recently moved to the Beaver Falls area from State College and have been very discouraged at the access to water (and tournaments) for a larger boat.  I have been doing the vast majority of my fishing at Shenango and Lake Berlin in Ohio but both are about an hour away which is a pain when trying to fish evenings after work, and Im sure I dont need to mention the gas involved.

Thanks again.

Brother Angel
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Shenango evening/lunker tournys 2007/07/10 18:23:47 (permalink)
    bass fan, I live near by in beaver and I have a lake arthor boat.  You are welcome to join me sometime for a tournament there if I don't have my usual partner. 

brother_angel@hotmail.com

Maybe you can help me learn how to fish shenango!
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: Shenango evening/lunker tournys 2007/07/11 08:02:17 (permalink)

My bass tournament boat and winning fish. Biggest and most.(10.00)lol

chugbug
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 88
    RE: Shenango evening/lunker tournys 2007/07/11 09:04:12 (permalink)
    Bassfan, a couple of local clubs used to sponsor annual open buddy tournaments at Shenango but haven't for several years due to an overall lack of participation. I think that is why you don't see regular evening tournaments at Shenango like you do at Arthur and Presque Isle. I fish Shenango hard in the spring and fall but this time of year leave it to all the crazies. Chugbug
    Jump to: