Super Secret Walleye Techniques

Author
eyeball
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points: 0
2009/02/02 17:34:02 (permalink)

Super Secret Walleye Techniques

OK, ice season will be winding down in a month or so, hopefully longer.  Let's cough it up - what are some things you've done to really up your walleye catches through the ice.  Here's a couple of mine.

Chubby Darter with a 6-inch dropper packed with wax worms or a smashed minnow.  Chubby calls fish in like crazy - fish not hungry, ok, fish eat dinner mint.  Thump!

Take those Swedish Pimple Flappers and add them to your Swimbaits' hooks and other spoons.  Good subtle attractor!

On tip-ups tail hook two minnows so they oppose each other when swimming/struggling

Since I started working swim baits and big spoons 3 to 5 feet off the bottom a decade ago, I rarely fish close to the bottom anymore.  Sometimes you have to, but not as often as a guy would think.

Fish different structures in a day.  We always think we're in the best spot, until one day we find a better spot, etc, etc!  I fish a lot of little to mid sized reservoirs.  In a day I like to hit a good point, a hump off the point, the surrounding 25 to 35 foot no man's land flat out from this area, then settle into a nice deep timber laden cove for the evening.  Crap, I could babble on and on.  Let's here some others.

Kolby Kester
inlandwalleye.com

1 Reply Related Threads

Fishwithkids
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 11
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Super Secret Walleye Techniques 2009/02/03 12:51:01 (permalink)
    Nice.........thats me.....lurking behind you in the snow drift.........taking notes.
    Jump to: