Weekend At The House

Author
Neversink Jimmy
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Reward points: 0
2009/01/20 22:28:27 (permalink)

Weekend At The House

Hey Fellas...  Things here on the home waters are iced up nice- close to a foot of good hard stuff out the front door now.  This ice season is already FAR better than last year, at least in terms of conditions.

The fishing is not exactly setting the world on fire, but its still a fun way to pass a long holiday weekend and still not miss football.  The key is to set up your tip-ups in a pattern that is visible from the living room during commercial breaks.  I spent the whole weekend planted in front of the fire by the lake.  Even caught a few fish. I kept a few perch and a walleye for Suzi to cook up.  I thought maybe I liked to eat fish.  Turns out I don't.

Weather was nice on Monday for some ice-fishin' and sharing a few beers with the dog:

It snowed now and then, of course:

Got a few smallmouth over the weekend, then shifted my traps to some new areas and let loose the icicles to entice some dinner for my guest.

Turns out there are still a few perch in here- even after Kevin's visit in August:

The lady wanted some fish for dinner.  And dinner she got.

I opted for a big ol' Ribeye that I had been saving for awhile.  I assume I will stay local for the next few weekends and keep drilling holes in my front yard.  What do you guys think about a winter version of the "Snyders Lake Invitational" at the end of February if the conditions hold up? 

Grill up some food, soak some bait and watch our beers freeze for a few hours?
post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2009/01/20 22:55:44

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman

8 Replies Related Threads

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/20 22:44:04 (permalink)
    hey jimmy nice.. i wish i could this weekend but have plans already down here. tomorrow i'm going to jigg a mess of perch.. this is the part about being unemployed I like the most!  I fried an unbelievable diner this evening for four.. stuffed everyone with delicious perch fry. have I'll eat left over for tomorrow out on the ice. nothing like a soft hero fried perch sandwich with homemade tarter.
    REEL FORCE
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 552
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/21 13:02:59 (permalink)
    I was all packed ... wasn't sure you were home ...

Always up for a gathering at Snyders  - Can't wait !!!
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/21 14:37:50 (permalink)
    HAY Jimmy, Put them PERCH BACK!!!! LOL   I thought you were headed North??? Nice fish!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    icefishinsteve
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 91
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/21 15:21:54 (permalink)
    Just FYI. The Bailey Mtn. tourney is Saturday Feb 7th. Hopefully they don't take all the perch.
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/21 19:42:58 (permalink)
    I totally envy your location on water like that Jimmy !!! Definatly making the trip up there one of these days for ice fishing. Nice perch there and i see you found an eye
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/21 20:31:29 (permalink)
    I'm around all this weekend...  Not sure what the weather sounds like, but then again, who cares...

I still have a little bit of dead wood I can haul out of the yard from the ice storm a few weeks back, and plan on sitting around on Saturday and seeing what happens.   Rumor has it, a certain special guide might be bringing his brother in law around...  We could make it a PARTY if you guys are up for it?

Anyone up for a few tip-ups and some jigging on Saturday?   Another Snyders Slam?  My house?

My holes and spots are already out there- but I saved the other 109 acres of the lake for you guys.

Whoever brings the most firewood, wins...   Get in touch if you guys are interested.  My phone is down until I get a new one on Friday, but send a PM or leave a voicemail and I can check it from work.  Hope you guys are good!

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/21 21:04:42 (permalink)
    This weekend is out for me (heading south for a get together) ... but when i do come up i have a pile o' pallets sitting in my driveway for burning !
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Weekend At The House 2009/01/22 14:39:38 (permalink)
    I'm THERE!!!!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Jump to: