Brokenstraw Creek

Author
JoeyZaZa
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/26 22:13:33 (permalink)

Brokenstraw Creek

I will be in Warren County for a camping trip this weekend and want to fish Brokenstraw because that is where our camp is by.  I've never fished it before.  Has anyone fished it lately?  Are there any trout still there?  Anything else in the water to fish for?  And where are decent places to fish at?  Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

4 Replies Related Threads

Woodsie
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Brokenstraw Creek 2007/06/27 06:53:26 (permalink)
    I've fished it in years past, from the train tracks to the river, right by Buckaloons campground.
    Lot of smallmouths.   Water gets pretty warm for any kind of trout action this time of year.   Watch out for leeches if you're wading!
    gil850
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Brokenstraw Creek 2007/06/27 11:57:22 (permalink)
    There's still a good number of trout in the creek.  As mentioned, it's also a good smallmouth stream.  Where abouts will you be camping?  Trout fishing is best upstream from Youngsville, smallmouth better downtream of Youngsville, though still some smallies around Youngsville and Pittsfield too.  The water is low and warm so trout may be sluggish - I'd suggest finding deep holes or fast water in wooded, shaded areas.  Best bet for that is in the area around the state gamelands between Spring Creek and Garland.  That's the stretches I know a little about - don't have any experience from Youngsville down to the mouth at Buckaloons though - can't really help you there.  If you go, let us know how you do.

Gil
    JoeyZaZa
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: Brokenstraw Creek 2007/06/28 09:22:33 (permalink)
    We will be camping right off of Rt 27 in the Deerfield/Torpedo/Garland area.  Any other decent creeks or fishing spots around this are would be good to know as well.  Know of any bait shops in the area?
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Brokenstraw Creek 2007/06/28 14:55:44 (permalink)
    There are a few nice pike in the section from Corry to Garland. Find the big deep holes or where a feeder stream enters. We always did well at the cemetery bridge. Straight across 426  from the Miracle Mountain sign..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Jump to: