Finster should be called Gilligan!

Author
Finster
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 184
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/17 10:31:38 (permalink)

Finster should be called Gilligan!

LOL…. Talk about an embarrassment, anyone  that was at the East Ave. launch Saturday afternoon got a real treat. They got to watch me make a complete****out of myself. If you have ever been to the East Ave  launch, you may be able to relate (if your as stupid as I am) . When they built that launch, they made it to steep (in my opinion). Once the boat goes over it is had to see while backing up, also those stupid concrete walkways that they built way to high. Anyhow, Saturday I was trying to put in I backed the boat in and got the trailer to close to the concrete walkway. It took about 6 people yelling directions and telling me which way to cut the wheels in order for me to get the trailer away from the stupid wall. I gummed up the works for a good 15-20 min. It’s the first time I’ve ever done anything that stupid. Usually I’m the one sitting on my boat waiting for some other moron. Wow, I felt like a novice putting his boat in for the first time. The only reason I’m ‘fessing up to this one is to thank the people that gave me a (much needed) hand and everyone’s understanding and patience. I’m sure someone on this site was there  to help the monkey in that circus.

1 Reply Related Threads

worm_waster
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 528
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Finster should be called Gilligan! 2007/06/17 15:09:09 (permalink)
    Finster,

Stick a rod or landing net in a rod holder on the rear of your boat.  That way you always see the boat no matter how steep the ramp may be.  Open the rear hatch of an suv or drop the tailgate on a pickup if possible.

Ramps for Lake Boats have to be steep, or else launching is difficult to impossible.  And yes, situations like yours happen quite often, especially this time of year.w_w.

If it has fins and gills, I'm there.

Jump to: