Author
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6354
  • Reward points: 0
2007/06/10 21:55:31 (permalink)

"New" Technique

Gentlemen,
      Recently I was fishing some "Big" water and I found myself in a predicament.  I was fishing from one bank and the fish were rising by the other bank.  The river was too deep to wade and I couldn't get enough fly line out to reach the fish.  Suddenly; thunder struck!   I went back to my truck and got one of my noodle rods.  I rigged the rod with a large, grub worm looking fly; a small split shot and a "strike indicator"  (Down here in Ky they are called little tiny bobbers) to give it some weight.  I started casting across the river and even though I only got about 10 feet of drift, I started catching fish.  I could reach them with this rig.  I have never tried "fly" fishing like this before.  Maybe this technique will help someone someday.   Also, it took a noodle rod to get up enough speed to launch the small fly and weight across the river.  Two guys fishing near me with normal spinning rods were tossing spinners and wern't having a quarter of my success.   Just thought I'd pass this along.  Probably "Old News" to most fishermen.

Illegitimis Non carborundum

2 Replies Related Threads

ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 580
    RE: "New" Technique 2007/06/10 22:44:36 (permalink)
    I know of a guy around here who fishes flies with a noodle rod. Does really well, too.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: "New" Technique 2007/06/10 22:56:27 (permalink)
    Mini-Foo is not much different than a fly.
    I use my noodle rods with them and a magott.

Jump to: