Update regarding the stream cleanup 11-16

Author
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/15 19:06:52 (permalink)

Update regarding the stream cleanup 11-16

We are still planning on meeting tomorrow at Walnut Creek Marina at 12:00.
However, this is depending on a drop in water level and if we get much snow on the ground. I have received quit a few PMs and Emails from people wanting to help, but if we are going to make any impact we are going to need more hands out there helping us...

About 95 % of the members of this board fish for steelhead and we ALL will benefit from a cleaner enviroment. So please, if you have a few hours to give a little back we could use your help!

Doing things like this not only makes for a safer place for our wildlife, but has a strong impact on how others view us and our sport. Not to mention the generous landowners who allow us to use their property.

So if you are willing to lend a hand tomorrow send me a PM and I will provide my phone number!

Thanks to everyone,
Mike

3 Replies Related Threads

Indiana Lou
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 154
    RE: Update regarding the stream cleanup 11-16 2008/11/15 19:47:46 (permalink)
    Mike, My buddies and I were up Friday and are unable to come back up on Sunday. We managed with little difficulty to fill three bags full of litter near the Conrail tubes parking area. We appreciate the ability to park there. If we all did this we wouldn't need to designate clean-up days. Thanks to all those guys willing to give up their time.   Lou
    post edited by Indiana Lou - 2008/11/15 19:48:58
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: Update regarding the stream cleanup 11-16 2008/11/16 08:29:57 (permalink)
    Cancelled because of high water!
    steeliefever
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: Update regarding the stream cleanup 11-16 2008/11/16 10:36:42 (permalink)
    too bad - high water times are the best to get out there and clean as close as you can to the water and all areas inbetween - parking areas, paths, etc... i just came back from doing a little cleaning myself around some of my favorite spots...too bad you guys could not do it...as they say...if there is a will there is a way...better luck nexst time

SI

"Policy is what the kingpins want. What the others want is juvenile delinquency."

John Updike

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

Mark Twain

Jump to: