Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/25 19:49:49 (permalink)

I BLEW IT TONIGHT

I was hunting washington county got to my spot about 4:20 set the decoy up and made two mock scrapes.I started to rattle an grunt around 5:00 a scrub six point showed up he stared at the decoy for a minute then he ran off.I sat there it was about 6:30 or 6:40 i caught movement in front of me looked like a good buck.So i stood up to get ready for him he came in to 23 yards and stared at my decoy i didn't think i was going to get a shot light was fading fast.Then he decide to turn a drew the bow left the arrow fly an the shot it hit right under him.That sucked all the time i put in an finally got a chance to kill a P&Y then you miss i'm sick right now.I don't even remember aiming i just plain out took buck fever has this ever happen to anyone else?

41 Replies Related Threads

griffon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/25 20:07:54 (permalink)
      GO FIGURE.  Perhaps if you weren't aiming at his head... 
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/25 20:20:56 (permalink)
    I only take head shots on doe with a high power rifle not a bow.I don't where i was aiming to nervous an had all the time in the world he was looking back in the thicket when he turned had no clue i was there.
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1195
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/25 20:42:16 (permalink)
    You can't be serious. Head shots?

Again, something really wrong with that ethically and humanely. It is also not smart or safe. In hunter's safety class didn't you learn that?
    Deadbolt401
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3029
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/25 21:44:07 (permalink)
    23 yard show low?

Better get practicing.

Head shots are non ethical in any situation, only morons try them.
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/25 21:52:47 (permalink)
    This guy isn't for real. He is either Peacy or one of the other posters here on the hunting pages, I have a few ideas. Might be the same guy as Youngguru going back that far.

Some life you must have.
    BIGHEAD
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 670
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 07:16:41 (permalink)
    Chicken    WHY would you let a arrow fly if you have no idea where you were aiming????????? I'm sure every archer has miss A shot but not from not knowing where they have aimed.  I'm not trying to ba a smart arse but next time you get a GOOD  BROADSIDE shot  don't look at the rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well after you see it is a LEGAL BUCK.  Pick a spot on the deer that is ethical  and don't take you eye off of that spot take a deep breath relax and release or squeeze the release arrow and don't take your pin off  target untill arrow hits spot.target,deer.  Another thing is that being in a tree stand can make a differance. You need to bend at the hips and NOT DROP ARM TO THE TARGET this will make your shot hit low.  For myself i have done that before dropping the arm to the target and hit low and to the right  one good thing was that it was a clean miss. hope that helps ya
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 07:49:58 (permalink)
    Just got to worked up i guess it's sucks i thought about the situation a million times all i had to do is take my time and aim nerves just got the best of me.Thank for the info bighead i killed alot of bucks with my bow but that guy was the biggest i ever got to take a whack at.
    post edited by chicken27 - 2008/10/26 08:05:21
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 07:55:12 (permalink)
    Believe what you want gobydickk.I know what i saw believe me or not i really don't give a f***.This a board to post comments i never ask for your two cents.I like your story about the noises you heard did anyone say you were a liar or a fake?I can't stand you ****hole.
    grimm reaper
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 11:55:11 (permalink)
    ya man how come you always have to make a comment to put these guys down all they are doing is sharing info and trying to get some pointers i dont kow if you read the northwest board but more ppl are going to be logging out bc of ppl like you
    grimm reaper
    Avid Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 11:57:12 (permalink)
    one more thing chicken never even said he aimed at the bucks head
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 12:09:03 (permalink)
    Grif was making a medifore, get it , he was looking at the head not his shot placement.

sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 527
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 12:22:47 (permalink)
    im sure he saw it had 4 points and i'm pretty sure he aimed in the kill Zone and it happened so fast and was so excited don't remember doing it?   and how is shooting something in the head not ethical? let me make this really simple for some of you if someone was going to shoot you and asked were do you want it how many of you are going to say shoot me in the chest and let me run around for 15 min suffering?

gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 13:02:34 (permalink)
    First off Grimm, I am not putting anyone down or making racist remarks. If you read the threads where that happened, you might understand Chauncy logging out because of that.

I only question why someone would attempt on PURPOSE to shoot a deer in the head with a BOW. If it was nerves or a bad shot, well, that can happen. It was typed as if that was the actual target, maybe explain it better beforehand.

Apparently, there are only 3 people on here that agree with that post, and more of others disagree.

And if you can't take objective critcism from others that's your problem, go ahead and do what you wish.
    sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 13:58:45 (permalink)
    goby ur the dumbass that keeps bringing it up like on this forum no one said nething till you started and i did aim at the head and like i said before i probly wouldn't do it again i was frusterated with how i made a perfect shot and the arrow only went in a inch and i'm not explaining this again if you can't comprehen this you probly should go see a doctor
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 18:09:44 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: sugarfuzz12   and how is shooting something in the head not ethical?

If that has to be explained to you you are no archer and have one hell of a lot to learn in this life...

I think Chicken just got a bad case of buck fever...No biggy. Happens to the best of us..If you don't get excited you probably shouldn't be there.. Next time I bet you he stares at the kill zone instead of the antlers..Mabee a valuable lesson learned..Will probably make him a better hunter...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 18:26:33 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: sugarfuzz12

goby ur the dumbass that keeps bringing it up like on this forum no one said nething till you started and i did aim at the head and like i said before i probly wouldn't do it again i was frusterated with how i made a perfect shot and the arrow only went in a inch and i'm not explaining this again if you can't comprehen this you probly should go see a doctor

I am getting all mixed up between Sugarfuzz12 and Chicken27, didn't mean to do that except they have the same typing style and some illogical ideas on hunting.

Seriously, with all the questions about average hunting stuff you guys seem like you are 15 years old. If you are that's ok, just don't act like you are competition shooters with all this knowledge because you aren't. And if you were why all the simple questions that you should already know?

Oh, the name calling tends to back up my theory on you two(or one).

Am I right Silverkype?   lEt Me nO/ OKk?
    grimm reaper
    Avid Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 19:35:48 (permalink)
    i agree bing buck fever sucks
    grimm reaper
    Avid Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 19:40:34 (permalink)
    goby i am a competition shooter and your right it is a bad choice to shoot one in the head.but i do have a question though bing said if you shoot one in the head the meat is no good bc it does not bleed out is that really true i mean it does make sence same as cutting the gills on a fish i guess but i never thought of it like that and it is starting to make me think that it would hold blood in the meat
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 19:43:25 (permalink)
    So goby how are you doing tonight?I liked to know some of the average question i been asking?Just wondering if your scared in the dark fuzz knows your hunting spot maybe we will come beat on the ground with a bat and scream like little girls make sure to take daddy to hold your hand on the way out buddy.If i'm 15 then why did you ask silver for apporval on your last post if your such a big boy?I don't have a problem with noboby on this sight but your making it tough to like you.I took some real critism on the way i took my spring gobbler but that's okay.I did managed to call my ten year old daughter a longbeard in and she did her job.Also when do i act like i'm a expert?I just ask questions to try to better myself whats wrong with that?
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 20:15:19 (permalink)
    Grimmreaper, sorry I can't help you I have never seen anyone kill a deer with a head shot nor talked to a butcher about it. Never crossed my mind so I can't comment, maybe someone else will have some info.

Chicken, I'm good thanks. Average questions-the moon, shot placement, and a couple others I don't care to look up. You can go to that area anytime you want it is described very well in my other post, I'm sure that would be worth a trip for you(it is not posted and a lot of land to hunt; might not want to bring baseball bats,maybe a weapon?). 

I don't have any clue what happened in your spring gobbler hunt or critisicms from it and don't hunt turkeys. Glad you could bring your daughter into hunting, we need more people. Free country ask any question you want, just might not get the answer your looking for. One of you guys are a competition archer as was posted(I got mixed up), but no competition archer would delibrately shoot a deer in the head.

The daddy comment is funny. Who's yo daddy?!

sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 20:25:49 (permalink)
    i know a couple compitition shooters who shot a deer in the head with bows one who owns a archery shop shoots perfect 600 dots and he does shot a couple in the head and he also shot a doe at 84 yards   i would say who it is and were the shop is but i don't want to spot burn
    KISHWAA
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 899
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 20:44:12 (permalink)
    i shot one right behind the ear like 20 mins ago on the computer lol...
    chicken27
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 20:48:34 (permalink)
    I never said i was a compettion shooter far from that level was that you fuzz?I don't know what your talking about on shot placement.I always thought that above the lungs below the spine was a dead zone but musky or silver corrected me on that theory.What about the moon some guys say it effects deer movement and others guys believe it has no effect i was trying to get some inputs on here but don't seem like anybody wants to replie to that question for some reason.You should try spring gobbler hunting sometime it's a great rush to call one in do you want to tag along someday
    sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/26 20:57:06 (permalink)
    no i don't shoot competition i did shoot in an animal league a couple years ago i havn't been able to do it the last couple of years because of how much time collage demanded but now that i graduated il probly get back into it  grimreaper shoots competition and hes prettygood i shoot and hunt with him chicken is it hard to learn to use turkey calls whats the easiest i would like to get into turkey hunting but i sounded like i dieing goose with a mouth call
    since the head is so unethical were do you guys shoot turkeys
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/27 00:23:39 (permalink)
    Sugarfuzz12+Chicken27=Peacymike=Moe, Larry, and Curly

E=MC retarded

Get edumicated!

You need to get a job Peacy. Get off welfare you bum.
    thedrake
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/27 01:07:41 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: sugarfuzz12

im sure he saw it had 4 points and i'm pretty sure he aimed in the kill Zone and it happened so fast and was so excited don't remember doing it?   and how is shooting something in the head not ethical? let me make this really simple for some of you if someone was going to shoot you and asked were do you want it how many of you are going to say shoot me in the chest and let me run around for 15 min suffering?

If you hit a deer in the heart or lungs, 15 second is more like it....not 15 minutes.

There is a very small area in the head you have to hit in order to kill a deer. Miss that spot by little more than an inch, and you just blew its jaw off, leaving the deer to suffer for days before starving to death. How's that for ethical?

If you aim just behind the front shoulder, you have a few inches in all directions that still allow for a quick kill.

sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/27 02:08:28 (permalink)
    this whole conversation is retarded when is someone going to say how is killing something ethical? it don't matter where you aim ppl are going to wound deer its part of hunting get over it no one is ever going to win and argument over whats ethical its subjective if someone shoots at the head and hits the jaw its not ethical you shoot at the lungs hit stomach don't find it then ppl say thats not ethical you take either shot and hit your spot then you made a great shot and ppl are going to miss there spot stuff happens limbs you don't see deer hears bow and moves if someone says this don't happen or should never happen then they don't know much about hunting because it even happens to the pros watched a show today guy hit an elk far back and it didn't move didn't hit ne limbs and i'm assuming hes a great shot since its his occupation **** happens
    gobyking
    Pro Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/27 02:22:25 (permalink)
    No. You see Peacy(and I will call you that from now on "sugarfuzz"), you are a scumbag no good welfare user that doesn't want to get a job.
    sugarfuzz12
    Expert Angler
    RE: I BLEW IT TONIGHT 2008/10/27 02:34:21 (permalink)
    first of all ur an idiot 2 i probly have a better job than you and i'm 23 yrs old 
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: