Vacation

Author
Frenchy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 48
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/26 16:59:19 (permalink)

Vacation

I started a 10 day vacation on friday. Went to Conn. at 5:00 am. Caught my first Gill at 5:30 and had my limit by 7:30 am. I was kinda disapointed that it was over so soon.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/Frenchy_01/TomsCar016.jpg

Second day's bite was a little slower than the first. My father went and he had a blast. He has never fished much before. We ended up with 78 keepers. Got rained on a bit.
The highlight of the morning was me throwing my pole in the lake. After catching 7 or 8 fish in a row without wiping all the fish slime off my hands. I noticed my line wasn't spooled very tight and made an extra hard cast to try and fix it. The pole slipped out of my hands and went almost straight down in front of me but just outside the boat. I quickly tried to reach it. I was almost elbow deep in the lake as I watched it sink. There was 2 boats within 40 ' of us that contained 5 people and I could tell that they all knew each other. They were joking around and throwing fish at each other. I looked up to see if anyone had witnessed my stupidity and sure enough one of them was eyeballing me. He told all of his buddies as I stood there with my arms outstretched and a sheepish grin on my face. My father sensing all the commotion turned to me and asked what happened. I kept my face as straight as possible and told him I threw my pole in the water.
I could see my pole under water but it was out of reach. I grabbed my Muskie pole out of the locker and it was rigged up with a large buck tail spinner. I tossed it over the side ( Buck tail spinner ) and let it sink near my underwater tackle. I'll admit it was pure luck that allowed me to retrieve it on the first try.
The dude that was eyeballing me in the other boat said to one of his buddies " Now that's fishing and we all had a good laugh. I set down my Muskie rig and shook the water off my rescued pole. When I started to reel I looked up and couldn't find my bobber. Realizing that I had a fish on I set the hook and started reeling. The fish was buried in the weeds but after some careful work I brought it in. I looked up at the dude in the other boat and he just shook his head.
My only regret of the day was that it would have been great to catch that on video.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/Frenchy_01/TomsCar019.jpg

2 Replies Related Threads

pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Vacation 2007/05/26 17:00:54 (permalink)
    Click the square with the picture of a mountain at the right side above where you write. Then add your http//

post edited by pghmarty - 2007/05/26 17:08:13
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: Vacation 2007/05/27 08:27:23 (permalink)
    Great story Paul. Some darn good eating there. I also have done the vanishing rod trick. Kinda does make you fill foulish, but glad you got it back, and with a fish too!

Jump to: