Trout fishing around DuBois

Author
SmallieKiller
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/23 14:28:46 (permalink)

Trout fishing around DuBois

Not sure why this never really occured to me but I have a question for you guys.  We have a camp up in Treasure Lake in Dubois and I'm looking around for some trout streams in the area.  I see there is plenty to choose from in the area and seeing as how we'd be staying up there for the weekend most times, I was curious to know what some of these creeks are like.  Any recommendations on the water up there?  Not looking for any secret native brookie spots or anything like that, but just a pointer at a few streams that are normally at a decent flow and have some good water.

I won't be up until next spring, but you can never start scouting too early eh!?

4 Replies Related Threads

RIZ
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Trout fishing around DuBois 2008/09/23 16:42:06 (permalink)
    there is no water up there right now.  but try toby east branch of the clarion.  sandy lick and mill creeks.
    Flying Fish
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 240
    RE: Trout fishing around DuBois 2008/09/23 16:47:41 (permalink)
    Head north and fish Sinnemahoning.
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: Trout fishing around DuBois 2008/09/23 19:59:19 (permalink)
    agreed sinnemahoning first fork or driftwood branch (been years since I've been there ) Only stopped going cause of the distance and Ima gettin old. Used to have a time share @ Treasure Lakes also & sold it some years ago.    Dave
    SmallieKiller
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2127
    RE: Trout fishing around DuBois 2008/09/24 08:21:23 (permalink)
    Awesome, thanks for the tips guys.  I'll have to bust out the maps and start looking around.  Like I said, I won't be up there until next spring some time, probably around opening day.  We normally take a day trip or something, and for some reason, it never dawned on me that I have a camp (married into it) in DuBois and there is a lot of streams up that way!  My son is only 3 now, so it'll be a few years before he's out on the streams with me, but at least I have some where to get away for the weekend with him.
    Jump to: