Allegheny - Warren to Tionesta

Author
Earthquaker
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/21 16:22:15 (permalink)

Allegheny - Warren to Tionesta

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm goin smallie fishin tomorrow at the Allegheny. Has anyone been there lately and if so, were the fish still in prespawn or were they starting on the beds. Have you had reports of anyone doing well from Warren to Tideoute, or is Tideoute to Tionesta or Franklin seeing more action. Any other info would be helpfull like water level, clarity and lures/livebait used. And of course water temp. Thanks everyone and hopefully I can post a half decent report when I get back. Earthquaker.

4 Replies Related Threads

trigger
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 64
    RE: Allegheny - Warren to Tionesta 2007/05/21 21:24:57 (permalink)
    The river is very low and clear. The temp is about 60 surface temp. I cant tell you if the bass are hitting because I fish for Muskies on the upper Allegheny. Good Luck and hope this helps.
    AndyS509
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 157
    RE: Allegheny - Warren to Tionesta 2007/05/21 21:39:32 (permalink)
    I was up there last weekend. Not to must smallie action.  I got a few and the ones I got were nice.  I got a 19, 17, and 16 but I fished all day just to catch 3.
    Allegheny Jet
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: Allegheny - Warren to Tionesta 2007/05/22 11:01:50 (permalink)
    Got out to fish for two hours, after the cold front blew thru on Sunday, North of Emlenton.  Went up to open the cabin and needed to spend most of the weekend cleaning up from mice!  Next year I am investing in buckets of Decon!  River was really low and clear for Mid-May.  Neighbor, who fished on Saturday evening, had several hits drifting the shoreline throwing Jitter bugs and spinner baits.  Was very windy on Sunday and dragging the "chain anchor" did not keep the boat from blowing around.  Did catch 5 small bass on my short time out, largest was 9" and the rest were crying for their mommies.  Caught the fish on silver/black Yozuri minnow lures and 1/4 oz spinner rigs with chartuse twister tails, fishing in swifter 3' to 5' water.  Was hoping for walleye.  There is algae growing on the shallow rocks making it difficult to drag anything along the bottom without loading up with algae.   Fishing with tubes and drop shots may be difficult or at least will be a lot of work.  Good luck!
    Pheasant Hunter
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 40
    RE: Allegheny - Warren to Tionesta 2007/05/22 20:20:04 (permalink)
    Fished in Warren last night for about 1/2 hour at the railroad trestle, in the back channel (old Dorcon Rd.) Usually do pretty well on smallies there, this time of year, but they weren't cooperating. Had one lonely little smallie, about 6", try to mug my spinnerbait.

Visit my website, featuring outdoors and recreation in Warren County, Pennsylvania: http://warrenpa.ws
    Jump to: