Oil Creek East branch

Author
raccoon bandit
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 112
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/18 04:56:55 (permalink)

Oil Creek East branch

Fished the East Branch of Oil Creek for the first time this week. Seemed like pretty good water. Thursday morning started out quiet enough. Before long I was fishing with 10 or 12 dutch kids, with another 6 or so hanging around. While it was not what I had in mind, they were well behaved for their age. I must say it was odd standing there with all those kids speaking some german dialect. The boys were catching a few trout, some bluegills and suckers. While I am not a fan of the amish, it was amusing to watch the kids get excited about the fishing. Some things are universal I guess. The younger boys would become giddy about catching a sucker. Overall I enjoyed myself, however I think if I fish it again I will stop at a different bridge.

3 Replies Related Threads

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Oil Creek East branch 2007/05/18 05:55:47 (permalink)
    You weren't fishing the Sportsmans's club bridge were you?? I was there yesterday and there wwas about 10 young amish there fishing..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

raccoon bandit
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 112
    RE: Oil Creek East branch 2007/05/18 06:30:56 (permalink)
    That was the spot. Is the entire length fished that hard by the amish?
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Oil Creek East branch 2007/05/18 12:02:12 (permalink)
    No, I think we just caught it on a day they were all bunched up. I fished with them for a little while. Sure are different kids. I went to the Big Bridge (next bridge upstream) and had it all to myself.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Jump to: