Great week for double nymph patters

Author
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/07 14:00:34 (permalink)

Great week for double nymph patters

Last wednesday I tried the stone fly nymph with a beaded copper john following it and I got my first trout hitting the stone fly it was great to see and then the rest of the week I had either a copper john or a green sparkle spawn as the trailer...  been having a blast... also a bead head olive color wooly bugger has been working great too.

6 Replies Related Threads

jlh42581
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1885
    RE: Great week for double nymph patters 2007/05/08 14:26:39 (permalink)
    Great week for it, lol... i never dont fish at least two nymphs at a time! Some days i get really brave and fish 3.
    Loopy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1437
    RE: Great week for double nymph patters 2007/05/08 15:46:14 (permalink)
    This time of year it's tough for me to keep nymph fishing with all the surface activity starting, but the last couple times out tandem beadhead patterns have been producing really well.

<---  The Holy Trinity
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: Great week for double nymph patters 2007/05/08 19:54:06 (permalink)
    Good for you Kyler.  Are you hooked yet?!

kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Great week for double nymph patters 2007/05/08 23:23:04 (permalink)
    oh like crazy! today I actually got my first Dry it was great seein the fish come out of the water. I dont know what the hatch was but my pale mornin dunn got me 5 in 15 minute. also my olive beadhead wooly bugger is catching some big uns!
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 580
    RE: Great week for double nymph patters 2007/05/08 23:51:55 (permalink)
    I caught a few today on a dead drift (black bugger) but the majority as of late have been coming on the rise.

I stood probably close to 20 yards from this rock and undercutting tree I'd pinpointed this evening, false casted and shot line slightly up and across from the target, through a quick mend in and started to swing it right in front of this rock. Was treated with a very nice rainbow that absolutely pounded the fly on the swing. Made two very acrobatic leaps to make the battle more interesting.

Anyway, I almost always fish a sucker spawn or glo bug on top and trail it with a brassie, copper john, hares eare or a pheasant tail. Can't say it's ever really failed me. You pretty much can't go wrong with dropper rigs and I usually always fish that way instead of a single nymph. I guess the only negative would be the pain of occasionally losing two flies as opposed to one.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Great week for double nymph patters 2007/05/09 08:42:12 (permalink)
    I usually use the sucker spawn in the back.... should I switch that or is that fine? Ive been catchin fish so I guess its ok
    Jump to: