Edinboro Lake

Author
pappy69
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 282
  • Reward points: 0
2008/06/14 19:28:01 (permalink)

Edinboro Lake

Got out for the opening of bass.  Used a repala, casting from shore had a few nudges from small fish; saw some big ones hitting the bait fish.  No luck.  Saw about a half dozen boats with fishermen on the lake.  Most were Mennonites  fishing in john boats with two, three or four in a boat. 

My question is.  How many Amish and Mennonites fish without a license (I didn't see any liscenses) and how soon can a lake be fished out under no restrictions?  I am not a catch and release guy.  I think fishing for food is a fundamental right, however, we all fish under certain size and number limitations. If not, the limitations as established by the fish commission, are not adequte and we all suffer for both food and sport.

Just interested  in the facts.

Pappy

1 Reply Related Threads

mr.fisherman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 169
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Edinboro Lake 2008/06/15 13:46:29 (permalink)
    I did okay fishing. Have not hit any major activity yet. The bites have only come every half hour or so. Caught some decent size though. For the other statements, I have not seen the PFBC boat in some time. When JB was on patrol we saw him all the time. Since he retired we saw an officer only twice. 
    Jump to: