Author
walleye taker
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 129
  • Reward points: 0
2008/06/08 22:26:34 (permalink)

Pymatuning ( Tuttle Camp Ground )

Gentlemen

If anyone uses Tuttle camp ground at pymatuning lake ,and you park your boat at your site. You need to start calling the park office at Jamestown and complain about not being able to leave your boat at your site. I was there for the last ten days and the ranger told me that I was not allowed to keep my boat at my site if it does not fit on the pavement, ( No Grass Parking ) and that I had two choices to leave my boat down at the boat dock or put it in the overfull lot, or I could rent an addition site to store my boat in. I told him no way your kidding right, I have been camping at tuttles for 30 years, and have always done so. He said no more.

He said the fishermen are to blame for the all the mud and muck and I informed him that the park is responsible for the mud and muck and do way more damage then the fishermen ever do. I then called the park office and talked to the manager and was informed by him, that is correct. After arguing for about an hour with him and trying to plead my case he said no way. And that they are now going to start enforcing the law and I said that is bullshxt and that I will take my business some place else and he said OK.

This is exactly what this site is for to spread the word and get change. This guy has run the pymatuning lake state parks linesville, Jamestown, and Tuttle for the last ten years or so, and has run them into the ground. These are our parks and we should have some say so in the way things get done.

I went and rented a non- electric site for ten days to store my boat which was bullshxt. I have $18,000 dollars in my boat and was not leaving it at the dock or overflow area for some one to steal or vandalize this is wrong and the park office needs to come up with another solutions for this. I asked about putting some gravel at the sites so we could park our boats on, and he said No!!!.

While I was there we got a heavy rain and the whole place flooded and was trapped in the camper for about an hour I walked around the camp and every ditch in the place was full of leaves and sticks. No one is cleaning up the bath house have not been redone in 30 years its time for change and new people in charge that care about these camp grounds for our kids to in joy for years to come this guy needs to go in my opinion.

Call Jamestown  ( 724-932-3141 ) and asked for the park manager and voice your opinion about these issues and any others that you may have ( take pictures and email them to him and his bosses of the poor condition at the camp grounds ) that you will leave if not allowed to park your boat at the site. This guy is a talker and he has an answer for everything but does nothing to fix it. If you are a true fishermen like myself and care about your equipment make the call ,the more calls this guy gets the better the chance we have of him changing his mine if he See's it's just not one sided. Every fishermen I talked to last weekend said they will not be back if this does not change including myself. Tuttle is a beautiful camp and needs to stay that way for the fishermen. CALL!!!!!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: