Raccoon

Author
gizmos
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1190
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/02 09:34:05 (permalink)

Raccoon

Hit the lake last thur., got 9 trout and 1 bass in about an hour.Was there a good hour before getting a bite, all on spinners, bait rod never got a bump. Stopped at the creek on the way home, bait and spinners, got 1 chub and 1 rock bass. Went to same yesterday, 2hours, 1 bass, 4 gills, all on spinner,bait rod never moved. Hit the creek on the way out,right before the storm rolled in, 6 trout in a little over an hour, plus a fat little smallie about 10", all on spinners. Lost my lucky roostertail to a nice fish at the head of a pool. Found it last year, so now I gotta go find another(at a store this time) Green and orange with a brass blade. Saw some nice fish bustin in the back of a cove, think they were bass. You never know. Hopin to hit the river tomorrow.Trolled at leetsdale Sun for about 2 hour, never got a bump.Color was good but flow was pretty quick, couldn't get upstream with out a little throttle. Enjoy !!

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.

3 Replies Related Threads

Brother Angel
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 35
    RE: Raccoon 2007/05/02 13:16:24 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info.  Where is a good place to start from shore with spinners?
    gizmos
    Pro Angler
    RE: Raccoon 2007/05/02 21:08:23 (permalink)
    I've only been hittin the cove at the boat launch by the dam recently , but have done well in the cove at the other launch also, and off the point at the swim area. I seem to be drawn to these spots cause I like to think the water can be disected easier. My confidence level seems to go dowm when I'm facing bigger water. ONE of my mental downfalls !

gizmos
    Pro Angler
    RE: Raccoon 2007/05/02 21:12:40 (permalink)
    P.S. One of the trout from the creek had no upper jaw at all, from birth from the look of it. Looked like it was part dolphin or like he lost his dentures !! Got a couple pics but have not had the time to figure out how to post them on this board yet !

Jump to: