pepacton browns

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2008/05/04 21:03:12 (permalink)

pepacton browns

We trolled up six nice browns using mini jon dipsys and suttons/flutter spoons biggest easy 7lbs. once again.. all released unharmed sorry no pics.(forgot to barrow dig.camera..) nice stripers i see here, one day i would like to try those upper stretches of the hudson.. catch plenty in ambrose channel in my days but that sure looks like fun and certainly something different! enjoy your spring! OH, another invasion of ecology threatens now delaware.. it was posted along the upper stretches of del.river and roscoe beaverkill.. seems some midwesterner brought over something called ( snotrock algea) oh brother,what next! lol

2 Replies Related Threads

New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: pepacton browns 2008/05/05 09:04:47 (permalink)
    Alright! Good Day on the Pepac Back.  I've sorta forgot about trout the last week or two. I know the Rocksnot was in the Battenkill, but now it's in my favorite Catskill streams too? **** it theres always something.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: pepacton browns 2008/05/05 20:10:25 (permalink)
    yank, i was ****ing a bush and reading some new posting showing this shaded map all the east and headwaters  of beaverkill .. i never knew this even existed until after reading this posting.. Aparently deposit /hancock is still free of this invasive snotrock.. tell me, what can this snotrock do to the fishery? As if the zebra mussels and mercury bs wasn't enough!.. honestly! Anyway, just glad I have what I have yet, going to try walleye soon in the main stem and hopefully trip up to onieda lk. and whitney sometime in early june. Resi trout are here and doing well as all the fish we took were gorgeous footballs. Caught a native( no fin clip brown on a bluewing  among the many stockies,,also caught  a nice native bow in the beave on a pheasent tail nymph below a riff. We kept a couple of stocks for dinner over campfires. I use to do this every weekend but nowadays,I'll be going everyother week it seems good luck if you go.. I doubt i'll be able to hit all my regular spring spots especially the ashokan.. i might pull that boat this year.
    Jump to: