Raystown Stripers

Author
panthr
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 33
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/26 07:49:57 (permalink)

Raystown Stripers

Has anyone been hooking into any stripers lately? I am planning on hitting the lake next week and wanted to find out how the fishing has been. I've been to Raystown 4 times, 3 were guided, and left there without any stripers. I'm still trying to get that first one. Anyone have any suggestions? Are they still in the lower section of the lake? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

aceplayer
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 50
    RE: Raystown Stripers 2007/05/04 12:21:03 (permalink)
    My buddy has been going a couple times a week. I haven't  heard of him getting any monsters yet but when he starts disappearing 3+ times a week thats a good indication that its on in striperville.and hes at 2 times a week now. I'd say the beginning has started. Hopefully I'll get to go along w/him here soon. :-P
    fishinpa
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Raystown Stripers 2007/05/10 17:57:13 (permalink)
    Who was youre guide service and what times of the year had you fished the lake ?

had you caught any fish on these outings ?
    panthr
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 33
    RE: Raystown Stripers 2007/05/11 12:48:31 (permalink)
    I went with a different guide on each of the trips to Raystown. Two were in May, the other was early June, and all three were guided at night. No fish were caught except for a 5 pound smallie on one of the trips. I don't blame the guides for no fish, they are good at what they do. I think I just have some pretty bad luck. I was hoping to change my luck by switching to a different guy each time.

I still haven't made it to the lake yet. Next weekend (5/19-5/20) I'll be there. I'll be fishing from shore somewhere, not sure where to go but I'll find something. If the stripers aren't hitting, I'll be going to Yellow creek DHA to give the trout a try.
    Jump to: