First PI Bay outing

Author
mkin183
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/20 21:46:42 (permalink)

First PI Bay outing

I am making my first ever PI bay outing this week and Im hoping to catch some bass. Got my first boat last year and haven't been there yet. Anyone have any tips for me. 

2 Replies Related Threads

jim10
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: First PI Bay outing 2008/04/20 21:56:24 (permalink)
    they were taking blue and silver stick baits today, and a few on swimbaits too, in the very end of the bay. but i caught a nice smallie by the engtrance to the marina on blue and silver on saturday and some largemouths in the lagoons. all were caught fishing fairly slowly.
    terror
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: First PI Bay outing 2008/04/22 10:17:43 (permalink)
    The bay has a lot of good places to fish.  As with most lakes structure is the key.  I look for drop offs and weed edges.  There is a shpping channel, big shoals, small bays, rip rap, and canals.  As on the main lake wind can be a problem.  Watch weather reports.  There is more protection from the wind in the bay, many time people who want to fish the main lake end up in the bay.  However strong winds can keep you off the bay too.  The worst winds I have found come from the east, North east or west.  The bay is long enough that when the wind gets up it will really rock, best to stay off.  Winds 20 plus are more than you want.  Use standard bass lures, spinner baits, cranks, jerks. tubes.  Good Luck.
    Jump to: