East Branch of Sugar Creek....

Author
Egghead
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/13 21:09:43 (permalink)

East Branch of Sugar Creek....

Anyone fish the East Branch of Sugar Creek on the first day of trout season? I did.... That stream has always been my all time favorite stream.... until the last few years. I saw two fish caught during the first 2 hours. I talked to many people, and nobody was catching fish. Nobody was even seeing fish.

Does anyone else love this stream and wonder what has happened to the fish? I helped them stock it this year, just so I was sure it was getting fish. There was a big golden trout stocked at almost every stop. I did some scouting before the season started while the creek was relatively clear.... not one golden could I find.

Anyone else wonder about this creek?
°Egghead

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

2 Replies Related Threads

Bismuth Boy
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 58
    RE: East Branch of Sugar Creek.... 2008/04/14 19:02:32 (permalink)
    Unfortunately, East Branch is my favorite creek to fish, but I've noticed the same thing. Trout just disappear!
    Egghead
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: East Branch of Sugar Creek.... 2008/04/14 21:12:32 (permalink)
    So what do you think? Are they getting poached? Is there something wrong with the water and they're dead? Those fish are gone... I'm a good enough fisherman to at the very least, see fish when they're in the stream. That stream does not have many fish in it...

Here something to ponder... I caught one fish at the East Branch the first morning... around 9:30am. My sons and I then went to another stream nearby and caught quite a few. We took home about 8, just enough for a meal. I always skin trout instead of scaling them. When I skinned the lone fish that came from the East Branch, the meat just fell apart, like it was rotted. It couldn't have been dead more than an hour longer than the others, but the texture was completely different. Just makes me wonder.

Enjoy,
    Egghead

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
    Jump to: