DID A CAR POOL TODAY!

Author
backin79
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1582
  • Reward points: 0
2008/04/06 21:51:37 (permalink)

DID A CAR POOL TODAY!

CAR POOLING MAKES SENSE !..YES AFTER SEEING WHAT THE GAS PRICES WERE PER GALLON UPSTATE NEW YORK.. I FIGURED IT WAS JUST TIME TO DRIVE OFF AN EMBANKMENT INTO A DEEP POOL BELOW THE FALLS. NO MORE WORRYING ABOUT GASOLINE PRICES!

7 Replies Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: DID A CAR POOL TODAY! 2008/04/06 22:13:55 (permalink)

Lyrical
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: DID A CAR POOL TODAY! 2008/04/07 08:05:45 (permalink)
    Backin:

That's better than all the threats you have made about coming up this way!  I'm sure you have better fishing conditions down your way anyhow.  I've still got a foot and a half of snow in my front yard.
    May try the edges of Lake George for salmon as they are in-shore right after ice out.  Also, have had some luck with rainbows on Moreau Lake after ice out early in the year.

Eagle Ed
    dadeeo66
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: DID A CAR POOL TODAY! 2008/04/07 21:12:57 (permalink)
    With gas prices on the rise, I've been thinking about getting a smaller vehicle for my commute (180 miles per day round trip!) Will probably rethink some of my trips upstate this year, as well.  I normally go up alone but will look for someone to make the trip and cover some expenses.
    bigbear2012
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 725
    RE: DID A CAR POOL TODAY! 2008/04/10 09:13:01 (permalink)
    nice pic
    the droppie action should be in full swing there soon
    might have to take a day off an make a run up, high gas $ or not
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: DID A CAR POOL TODAY! 2008/04/13 10:00:23 (permalink)
    Nice one Sal! How many miles per carrots you gettin?... Yoh Ed, I am going up this week a few days! Boy do I love April fishing before the buds start blossuming.. I see through the trees and see a great deal more shoreline both lake and stream in my mountainous  American backyard!  To me fishing is meditation and brings me peace of mind,especially in the backwoods. Far from crowds are my favorite destinations to fish.  
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: DID A CAR POOL TODAY! 2008/04/13 19:50:54 (permalink)
    backin:

Good luck on the Esopus, as that use to be one of my favorites to fish when I lived in Rockland County.  Now that they have repaired the flow line from Schoharie Creek into the Esopus the water is much better.  Let me know how you make out and if they still have those large spawning rainbows in the early spring.

Eagle Ed
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: DID A CAR POOL TODAY! 2008/04/13 23:24:36 (permalink)
    Ed, I really want to go that way however, instead the thruway, I have to rt. up the quickway and stop at the cabin for stuff at my other place..I may decide however to go the backway over peekamoose and use lastyears eggs maybe drift some worms in the esopus.. I tell you the truth, it has never been the same spring or fall. Oh they are in there but not as many as the decades gone by.. you remember john's scullys harrys even BUD !!!???.. remember he had a shop by the five arches?? lol he has a hotdog stand nowadays (god bless him) I see some locals from way way back like 2 decades and we fish.. anyway, if we do go ( me and my patner) it will be quick  pool hoping cause this guys likes the resi instead and that will be pepacton the margarettesville way.. which is kinda longer than the beaverkill way which I usually enjoy going holiday brook or the other pass to pepacton. We will likely roll around all the pepacton coves.. bringing my ores and trolling gear as well. I will let you know ed! tahe care! and sorry I was unable to meet you and the others during ice season. hopefully we meet though someday.. i will try getting some pictures too this year. 
    Jump to: