Author
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6356
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/22 15:14:44 (permalink)

Maybe I don't "get it"

Gentlemen,
      I finally got permission from my doctor to go out and do some fishing.  So, I went over to a small managed stream in my area.  The creek is Artifical Lures Only/Delayed Harvest so it usually is pretty open.
      As I was fishing down stream I noticed a guy sitting on the bank with a bait caster rig.  He was fishing with PWer Bate in a big hole on the creek.  As politely as I could I informed him that he was in an artifical lures only section and he gave me a funny look and told me that there was nothing natural about lime green pwr bate.  When I asked him about the three fish he had he said "They stocked them last week and I waited till today to catch them"  I guess that is what they mean in KY by delayed harvest.  I was simply unable to think of any thing else to say except "Good Luck" and then I moved downstream, way downstream.

Illegitimis Non carborundum

11 Replies Related Threads

tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/22 19:32:12 (permalink)
    I have the local WCO's cell # in my phone. They will give you the number and don't mind the call.

Last year me and TB saw some people fishing a DHALO area with live minnows and called the WCO for Chester county and he was there in 15 mins and busted all of them. They knew the rules because when we walked by them they were very nervous and tried to hide what they were using, so I didn't feel bad ratting them out.

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/22 20:41:19 (permalink)
    I would of ratted them too.  The rules are for everyone not just for a few.
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/22 22:45:46 (permalink)
    Stupid is as stupid does.  Some people either don't get it or choose to disobey the rules.  Too bad. 

pax vobiscum +
    Side Pressure
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/22 23:16:49 (permalink)
    Most of the places I fish in KY "lol" dont have cell coverage! ...I would have laughed at the guy it would of been funny to actually hear some one say that "he did have a point nothing natural about that bait.. lol ..
    SmallieKiller
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2127
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/23 10:57:58 (permalink)
    That's actually an interesting question.  Is Power Bait considered live bait.  I don't use it, so I wouldn't even know.  I mean it's paste, but there are natural ingredients in there right?  I would think anything that uses attractants would be considered "live bait".
    northparklake2
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 143
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/23 16:35:11 (permalink)
  • Fishing may be done with artificial lures only constructed of metal, plastic, rubber, or wood, or with flies and streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials. All such lures may be used with spinning or fly fishing gear.
  • The use or possession of any natural bait, baitfish, fishbait, bait paste and similar substances, fish eggs (natural or molded) or any other edible, substance is prohibited.

• http://www.geocities.com/mpyingling22/northparklake.html
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/23 17:07:04 (permalink)
    Wait a week = Delayed Harvest. Now that's a classic !     Dave
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/23 17:46:44 (permalink)
    Fished a delayed harvest area a bit this afternoon and two guys were chucking berkely trout worms all around my drift.  Said to the one dude, "I don't mean to tell you your business, but I don't think you're allowed to use scented and flavored worms here."  His reply: "Who gives a sh!!t.  I do it all the time and I'll keep doing it till a game warden says something."  That only bothered me half as much as the fact that there wasn't another soul in sight and they both had to fish within 20 feet on either side of me.

Last week in the same spot, one guy comes trudging upstream with 3 on a stringer, and all kinds of bait popping out of his vest.  He sees me, gets all nervous and says, "You're allowed to keep trout here right?"  Told him "No, it's a delayed harvest artificials only."  "I'm outta here," he says.  Not 20 minutes later, 2 other guys start fishing about 50 yards upstream and one guys catches a couple.  His buddy yells, "Hey, whatcya usin?"  "I'm pounding them on salted minnows."  So I walk upstream, since I was getting ready to leave anyway and tell them the rules.  "Oh, we didn't see any signs."  Meanwhile, they almost hit one when they pulled into the parking area.  This delayed harvest area is over a mile long, sandwiched by normal regulations water, and very well marked. 

Indisguiz, I don't get it either.  Guess I need to look up the WCO's phone number and program into my phone. 
    ronnie84
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 580
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/23 19:07:22 (permalink)
    A few weeks ago I witnessed someone taking off with a stringer on Neshannock Creek's DHALO area, right behind the fly shop none the less. I don't know if he was blind or just didn't care, but there are signs on that creek every 10 feet.

Slightly off topic but I've been fishing the outflow at Shenango River quite a bit as of late despite the fact that's it's borderline blown out (a little high and of course muddy, courtesy of the Army Corp of Engineers). Anyway, in the last 20 minutes yesterday I had three 'anglers' literally run right through where I was drifting to get out in the middle more. One slip and they would've been floating downstream. One had about a 3/4" thick rope stringer that would probably pull an automobile hanging at his side. I've yet to see one trout released in the four or five times I've fished it since opening day. I guess there's a lot of starving people out there.
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/23 21:27:45 (permalink)
    Side, did you say you fish in KY or with it LOL

Call the WCO's they'll hammer these jackers. Especially the ones with the I don't give a **** attitude. If illegal fishing and keeping is done on the DHALO areas trout season will be over mid May.

Don't be like these smilies, take action.

tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    RE: Maybe I don't "get it" 2007/04/23 21:28:52 (permalink)
    Oh, by the way is this what I think it is ???        SICK dude !!

Jump to: