Am I....

Author
71gto
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 774
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/22 09:36:59 (permalink)

Am I....

Am I taking this too personal....or maybe just foamin' at the mouth, but again on Saturday during our stocking, as least 10 guys would not purchase a membership, and seeing these guys, they could afford the $10. This is happening more and more. Now don't get me wrong, I know that is their perrogative, but the guys that carry the trout to the river and fill the tubs and get there for every stocking because they want to make a difference and OH GUESS WHAT? They have a membership!

My thought is that maybe the clubs should STOP stocking for a year or two and let all those who will not support the clubs go fish state stockers.

I really would appreciate any feedback or have a shot and beer with me!

7 Replies Related Threads

Skip16503
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4028
    RE: Am I.... 2007/04/22 10:14:40 (permalink)
    Trust me you aren't alone thinking that way  I belong to 3 clubs and find the same thing

I try to help out as much as I can but its not near as much as others  At least the clubs get the membership fees

Thanks for doing your part Doug

aranbp
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 324
    RE: Am I.... 2007/04/22 11:36:39 (permalink)
    I agree Doug.  Watch those guys eyes light up when the fish come. There was the one guy who stopped the truck to get buttons and we didi not have any.  Ithink he still gave the money.  Even if I do not fish for the othe clubs fish I will buy a tag.  That said next time I see tou down the river we will have a couple of shots and a couple of beers.  Bob
    mossy oak
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 883
    RE: Am I.... 2007/04/22 17:33:21 (permalink)
    Doug,

Don't let the scum that surrounds the clubs get you down.  We do it for a reason.  If we didn't, who would?  I personally believe that we (the clubs) have created the best fisherie for trout in PA on our little stretch.  Where can you go and catch the kind of fish we put in consistently?

It's the old "a few ruin it for all" thing.  They can't ruin it tho.  They can remain on the edges and abuse the resource we supply, but they have no control.  Just forget it.  Not stocking just hurts the good guys, not the bad guys.

I appreciate all your help and support.  Keep your chin up!

MO
    71gto
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 774
    RE: Am I.... 2007/04/23 05:43:37 (permalink)
    Skip, Bob, and Mossy,

Thanks for the replies, some chord is your responses finally hit home and I can handle it much better now. I can overlook the few and see beyond them now and see the brighter future for our kids and maybe along the way their kids may see the light too! I really want to THANK YOU for your responses as you have made a difference.
    Ax
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: Am I.... 2007/04/23 08:52:16 (permalink)
    Doug your right that does suck when people dont by the buttons. But if we stoped stocking because of this then just think of all the great guys who do by the buttons, give donations and so fourth that would be mad becuase we stopped stocking fish.  The good out weighs the bad greatly here.

Bob,
    Yes the guy who did stop the stock truck on Sat did get 2 buttons.  I took his cash and got the buttons from George and then I went and delivered them to the mans house.
    aranbp
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 324
    RE: Am I.... 2007/04/23 09:56:12 (permalink)
    Thats cool Ax.  I was in the front of the truck because of my son,so I could not really see.  He made get him a button because as he said " all people have them but him". Got to start them early.   It is also the best fishery around.  You can not catch that quality of fish other places. 
    Mossy you are right those poeple can not ruin it.  Also thanks to the Georges.  They move so many buttons.  That really helps.
    juddthejudge
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Am I.... 2007/04/23 21:48:47 (permalink)
    I hear and this does frankly suck i help out stocking a creek and by the time we are doen each week its to late to actually go out and fish. Then the next morning i go out and 5/6 of the fish we pt in are already gone and 2 days later 20 out of the 1200 fish are left is don rigth discusting. not that im against people keeping fish its just they keep everything they catch leaving none left being afraid that soem other guy will catch a fish so they must keep them all to thier selves just pure greed is what it is. The other thingthat gets me is thes people formout of the area hwo come in and fish. I dont mind that at all for starters its the people who come in from out of the area and are like no im not joining im only hear to fish today and they keep averything they get and then the next week they come back and do the same thingn with more people and its all because we stock fish that are bigger then normal people her this and got to come in and not support the club and then take advantage of what the club has to offer. Let me clear this up a little it not the same as say if you went somewhere to fish and a club there stocks because you dont keep the fish its different then if the people that coem form out of a are keep the fish.

O and beside grred that people come and keep all the fishin the fear someone else will catch one the 2nd reaso is the people want to tock thier own pond and are to cheap to buy ifhs themselves and the 3rd is that people catc fish for other people ehich is discusting if you are gonna fihs at least eat the fish yourslef.

im sorry if i sound mad but im n my last nerve with people keeping everything and not throwning back ive been to 5 different state/club stocked creeks/rivers and there isnt any fish left and its only week 2
    Jump to: