Author
FlySteelh
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/25 22:55:12 (permalink)

SRC Guides&posted areas?

ALL,

I have been hearing of other stream sections the SRC boys are guiding on Walnut and other areas of Elk. I've been told of KW and boys shoeing other fisherman away in other spots other than the lease water. I've also heard from a number of people the Elk lease section can be fished legally. Is this true.
I don't see the SRC guides listed in the guide section either. Is a protest of their holy waters getting very un holy or DB giving up with a hurt full unchristian hart. 

"http://www.loganoutfitters.com/conditions/fishing_report.html
March 10, 2008
The information in these reports comes from our fly fishing guides who are on the stream almost every day. Check out more information on our great guided and unguided trips on private access water.

"
Lake Erie Waters - Tributary Creeks & Steelhead Fishing
Temperatures reached the fifties last Tuesday and opened up the tributaries for the start of the spring steelhead season. Good water conditions were found on upper Walnut Creek where winter holdover fish took size 12 Prince Nymphs fished as droppers beneath an egg pattern. The melt blew out Ohio streams, but SRC guide Royce Terrell reported good fishing on upper Elk Creek, also with nymph droppers. It looked like we were off to a good start before snow storms hit the area on Friday, dumping about a foot of snow in the Erie area. Temperatures are forecast for the upper 30's by Wednesday and we're supposed to hit 50 degree's by the weekend.
"
Any info?
I hope to attend the PSA Banquet on Saturday, March 29th. I hope to meet a few of you from the board.
Thanks
FS

1 Reply Related Threads

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: SRC Guides&posted areas? 2008/03/25 23:25:48 (permalink)
    Fly,

The SRC lease section on upper Elk CAN be fished from the other side, but be careful how you access it.

SRC guides, CAN guide on any other open section of stream. Listing under the guide section of the PF&BC website is optional. Not all legally licensed guides are listed.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    Jump to: