Wilhelm ice or lack thereof?

Author
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/18 16:07:51 (permalink)

Wilhelm ice or lack thereof?

Looking for an open water report for Wilhelm.  Is the water open near the Sheakleyville bridge or the upper end near the culvert?  How about the bay near launch 3?  And if so, is anything hitting?  The wife wants to go shopping with her sister on Friday at the Outlets and I may get a chance to get a few hours of fishing in.  Just looking for some open water to cast a line for some gills or crappies.

2 Replies Related Threads

stevepf
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: Wilhelm ice or lack thereof? 2008/03/20 17:15:42 (permalink)
    I called fergies today and Bob said there is some open water near both causeways,no fish reports though.

I'm gonna fish more and work less.
    Have A Crappie Day
    eyesandgillz
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4012
    RE: Wilhelm ice or lack thereof? 2008/03/24 11:28:42 (permalink)
    Went up on Friday and didn't have a hit the entire time I was there.  I fished the beaver dam down by Dugan's run (I think that is its name), the outflow at the dam, the inlet at the dam, the docks in the marina and the pond in the marina.  The water was high and flowing fast over the stone walkway up by the culvert near Sheakleyville and there was open water by the Sheakleyville bridge.  Didn't fish the bridge but there was one guy there fishing minnies and didn't have any hits.  I was just looking for gills or crappie and had no luck.  The cove at the causeway was locked in with ice as was much of the lake. 

Oh, forgot to mention, lots of what look to be alewife, some over a foot long, dieing off all over the open waters of the lake.  Even with the cold weather, the shore on the pond at the marina stunk pretty bad.  Hopefully they don't affect the fishing like they have on Pymy but I think they may.  There were several large ones dead down by the dam inlet washed up on shore. 
    post edited by eyesandgillz - 2008/03/24 11:33:40
    Jump to: