Boston Bass Youghs

Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9817
  • Reward points: 0
2024/08/29 10:02:32 (permalink)

Boston Bass Youghs

Looking at the satellite view, I don't see many rapids in the Boston area.  Is this wadable at all, or better off with a boat in this area?  Buena Vista better for wading?  

3 Replies Related Threads

FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2079
    Re: Boston Bass Youghs 2024/08/29 10:35:34 (permalink)
    Been a while since I've been to little Boston, but if memory serves, the launch side of the river is deeper in that area. Some wading and shore fishing access is available, but I don't think there's much wading in the immediate area. Upstream of the launch, shallow water was in the launch side, downstream of the launch, shallow water was on the far side. Buena Vista was shallower, but faster. I mostly fished these areas from my old 14' skiff. Not on foot.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: Boston Bass Youghs 2024/08/29 13:26:14 (permalink)
    Thanks man!  I like the shallower stuff to wade.  Deeper stuff to yak.  I'm planning to only be out an hour or two and don't mind getting wet if it is 90 degrees out!  I'll probably make the trek to BV since it is only like 10 minute difference.
    Porktown
    Pro Angler
    Re: Boston Bass Youghs 2024/09/02 11:42:52 (permalink)
    Thanks again for the info. I had about 1.5 hour window that I decided to check out BV on Friday. I didn’t venture too far from the launch. Pretty cool rapid set there, but I’m sure it gets pounded harder than a bride in her wedding night! I ventured upstream. Landed one smallie and had a few other hits. About average for the Yough for me. Wet wading is a great way to beat those 95 degree feel like temps.

Was planning to head back out yesterday, but the storms rolled through Saturday and change of plans. I hit up Artie instead. Did okay. Got a few cats, one was pretty big. Had a smallie self release at the boat. Had two nice drag peeling runs. One broke off, my fault for not checking my line after the frayed my leader. The other just came unbuttoned. Once afternoon heat rolled in, they seemed to be much less interested. Moved to crappie fishing and got 10 or so. Only 4 of them 9” or over. Biggest a little under 11”. Nothing crazy, but nice to get out. Even mid afternoon wasn’t too hot. Most of this summer has been just too hot to take the boat out midday for me. Looking forward to making up for it in the next few months.
    Jump to: