Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 38 of 48
Author
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1160
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 14:04:32 (permalink)
So kids can't make the moral calculation on Trump, but they can somehow do the calculation and say oh those are just washed up celebrities. Is it the messenger that matters, or the fact that they see that it was OK and "normalized" to put these images out there in the first place.

And ah yes, the violent insurrection led by Trump. Where "An ex president stirred up an unprecedented act of political violence in this country". Along those lines I'm guessing Biden essentially put out the call to arms whe he said just a few days earlier that "it's time to put Trump in a bullseye"?
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2011
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 15:04:49 (permalink)
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
So kids can't make the moral calculation on Trump, but they can somehow do the calculation and say oh those are just washed up celebrities. Is it the messenger that matters, or the fact that they see that it was OK and "normalized" to put these images out there in the first place.

And ah yes, the violent insurrection led by Trump. Where "An ex president stirred up an unprecedented act of political violence in this country". Along those lines I'm guessing Biden essentially put out the call to arms whe he said just a few days earlier that "it's time to put Trump in a bullseye"?

I can’t say I care much for that kind of rhetoric from Biden or trump, but Biden didn’t say that during a rally and it was not a public statement. He said it on a call with donors. But I’ll bet you I can find 20 examples of trump saying something like that for every 1 example you can find of Biden.

And are you seriously trying to argue that when a nobody like Kathy griffin makes some kind of public statement, it carries the same weight as a former president? How many gen Z kids would even know who Kathy griffin is?
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 473
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 15:15:53 (permalink)
I'm no expert, but I'm betting that the final reports will confirm that Trump was not shot, but rather was struck by glass or some other type of shrapnel.
There's evidence coming forward from witnesses to support this, however, the fact that lying Trump himself found it necessary to state a rather dumb-sounding redundancy that he was "shot by a bullet" is evidence enough that he wasn't. 
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1160
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 15:53:35 (permalink)
MyWar
CRAPPIE_SLAYER

I can’t say I care much for that kind of rhetoric from Biden or trump, but Biden didn’t say that during a rally and it was not a public statement. He said it on a call with donors. But I’ll bet you I can find 20 examples of trump saying something like that for every 1 example you can find of Biden.

And are you seriously trying to argue that when a nobody like Kathy griffin makes some kind of public statement, it carries the same weight as a former president? How many gen Z kids would even know who Kathy griffin is?

My argument and the only reason I bothered to post anything on this forum for the first time in years is that your original statement that somehow this attempt was caused solely by the political climate that Trump alone caused is laughable. I don't care if it's a nobody making the statement or some high up politicians. Those 2 nobody examples are just the most disgusting ones off the top of my head that actually show effigies of a sitting president dead. They're are plenty of other clips out there of the dem politicians calling to "take him out" and the like over the years. Years worth of news outlets comparing him to the second coming of Hitler. Yeah, the most likely thing shaping this guys decision was Trump's fault alone. No chance it was the constant barrage coming from the left that Trump is the devil incarnate.

Anyway I've read enough posts on this forum over the years to know nothings gonna change here. It's Sunday and the garden needs tending, so back to the shadows. Have a nice day
Mitchell
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 18:06:40 (permalink)
MyWar
r3g3
The shooter is being called a kid in a few places but would have been 21 next month--At that age he could have been called a man too

So he would have been what, like 12 when trump entered the political scene? He spent his entire adolescence with a “leader” like trump as one of the top political figures in the US. Think about that.

How many 12 to 14 year olds watch, read, or listen to anything about politics? Most likely less than 1%. You're livin' in a fantasy world.

MyWar
You republicans know damm well what kind of person trump is. You’re fully aware he is an unethical, immoral piece of trash. But you excuse it away by saying the ends justify the means. But you’re adults, and you make a complex moral calculation to come to that result.

Talk about TDS!!!! Keeriste! You got it bad! You must truly believe that Trump is Hitler and the Devil.

MyWar
So what kind of example does that set for kids, who can’t yet understand that moral calculation? Do you think this kid actually understood whatever rationalization you republicans concoct in your head to justify support of what we all know is a truly indecent man?

And just how do you know that all the crap that the MSM says about Biden is true? I'd think the recent revelation of Biden's health and the media's feigned reaction that they knew absolutely nothing about it speaks volumes. It is new news to most of the country that never listened to FOX or NEWSMAX; they're just hearing it for the first time 'cause the media kept it covered up for so long and refused to report it, 'cause they are the Democrat Party and carry water for Biden.

MyWar
Trump led a violent mob to storm the capital on Jan 6. An ex president stirred up an unprecedented act of political violence in this country

You're gonna believe that 'til the day you die even if it's proven beyond a shadow of the doubt to be false. You simply cannot see two sides to any story. Hope you never have to serve on a jury.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8527
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 18:21:48 (permalink)
Trump 2024

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3458
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 18:37:04 (permalink)
Hope Trump doesn't select J.D. Vance as his VP. Vance called him a authoritarian fascist who must be stopped at all cost and compared him to Hitler, " America's Hitler" Or hope he doesn't pick who he called Little Richard. Just wouldn't look good for a campaign.

Bernie summed it up good this morning saying politics are boring and should stay that way.

Working in the garden sounds like a great idea!!                                                                       The killer was bullied very badly when in H.S. and a loner.
post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/07/14 18:59:56
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 19:15:14 (permalink)
Mitchell

MyWar
Trump led a violent mob to storm the capital on Jan 6. An ex president stirred up an unprecedented act of political violence in this country

You're gonna believe that 'til the day you die even if it's proven beyond a shadow of the doubt to be false. You simply cannot see two sides to any story. Hope you never have to serve on a jury.

Please share with us the "other side" of the story.  
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 473
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 19:42:15 (permalink)
A little curious that Nikki Haley will now be speaking at the convention.  Could it be because she's on the short list for V.P.?  It would be a good move by Trump in my opinion.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 19:51:00 (permalink)
 He is still mad at her for staying in the running for as long as she did. Saw him talking about her the other day, plus a "Bird Brain" for VP ?? But then again who hasn't he insulted??

Wish somehow we could get two new candidates and start from scratch. Wonder how his sentencing coming up will affect his campaign? 
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3109
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 21:00:28 (permalink)
Trump survived an assignation attempt-so what do the lefties do--
BLAME TRUMP 
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 518
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 21:29:41 (permalink)

4.2 million views on Twitter

1.1 million views on Twitter

July 8, 2024

Spoken in a conference call to Dem donors and written word for word in several MSM sources online.  Millions of reads across sources.  

Just tonight in his prerecorded speech, he said twice that Trump needs to be defeated at the battle box.  Eliminating Trump has been so deeply ingrained in his demented, turnip brain that he can't properly read the word ballot on the teleprompter.  

Attachment(s)

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 21:46:54 (permalink)
DeadGator401
More info's coming out - how on earth did this dude get up there, THAT CLOSE?

Everybody knows what the two possibilities are.  Go ahead and say them out loud.

https://x.com/culturewar2...xszTag2PjoCJe_rYcbIY6Q
post edited by snagr - 2024/07/14 21:55:27
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 22:27:02 (permalink)
r3g3
Trump survived an assignation attempt-so what do the lefties do--
BLAME TRUMP 

Have you heard the proverb “you reap what you sow”? It’s origins are in the Bible, it’s in both the old and new testaments.

This is how a real leader conducts himself in response to an event like this

https://www.msnbc.com/msn...video/mmvo214829637631

Let’s compare that to the speeches at the RNC this week shall we?
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 952
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 22:39:44 (permalink)
snagr
DeadGator401

Everybody knows what the two possibilities are.  Go ahead and say them out loud.

I don't know - but clicking on your link, you must assume set up. I don't really go into those things much. 

I think the the likely reason was there was a gap in security, of whomever was supposed to watch the mid range stuff. 

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 23:01:32 (permalink)
DeadGator401
snagr
DeadGator401

I don't know - but clicking on your link, you must assume set up. I don't really go into those things much. 

I think the the likely reason was there was a gap in security, of whomever was supposed to watch the mid range stuff. 

You’re talking to the anti vax covid truther guy so who knows what kind of wild conspiracy stuff he’s getting at.

You want a rational take? Trumps rallies are security nightmares. The secret service is only able to do so much. He has to hire local cops as security and oh yea by the way, he has a history of stiffing them:

https://www.nbcnews.com/p...lice-security-n1016791

It’s a distinct possibility that the Trump people that coordinated this rally simply didn’t hire enough security.

It’s also a distinct possibility that this has been the case at a bunch of his rallies, it’s just that they got lucky so far and nobody tried anything until this one.

Occam’s Razor and all that.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/14 23:07:21 (permalink)
Haters gotta hate
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 00:19:25 (permalink)
 I blame bigfoot for all the bickering on here for starting this thread 

Surprised no one brought this up on here after it happened.
   https://apnews.com/article/bernie-sanders-office-fire-188ac810609030a3815d4e38788c0e31                                                           

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 00:21:14 (permalink)
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4910
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 11:43:27 (permalink)
DeadGator401
snagr
DeadGator401

I don’t think he is insinuating that at all. Actually, I think he is on the same page as you — why was there a lack of security? I’ll get to that in a moment, but to the point if the OP and your reply, some questions need to be asked and answered.

Was the lack of security, and if you don’t think there was, skip the rest of this because no rational debate is in you, because:

1) That is the level of security the Secret Service provides these days, and if so, why — complacency, training, whatever?

2) Is that the level of security provide because it was a candidate and not the President, and, again, if so, why —was it the “B” or lower team, like when an act goes on the road and only half the band shows up for smaller stops along the way (seeing Jimmy Buffet at Starlake with only a portion of the band — the rest were already enroute to bigger venue comes to mind)?

3) Is that the level of security provided because it was Trump, the candidate and, if so, why?

Now back to the level of security, sorry, real world experience, no link, in 2020, we were invited as 3rd level VIPs, not in the bleachers behind the stage, not in the first 50 rows of seats, but the next level, 40-50 yards from the podium, by a former employer of mine, to attend a Don JR rally they were sponsoring (read that as writing a big check). We parked at a former coworker’s house, 4 blocks away. The first level of security we encountered was at 2 blocks. It was the local Chief of Police. My wife had occasion to work with him, so it was a nice exchange and waved us through.

We didn’t make it 20 feet when a Secret Service guy, suit, sunglasses, etc. stopped us. The C of P came over to see what the issue was and the Secret Service pointed to the small American flag my wife had — maybe 12” wide. “Can’t take that in there,” he said, which seemed odd — BTW, this was an outdoor event on company property. When asked why, he said because the flag was on a stick (you can imagine how small that was for the size of the flag) and that was a potential weapon.

She asked what to do with it and he pointed to a pile of similar flags and such. Then he said she could take it in if she removed the stick. She was a bit miffed and ripped the flag off the stick and handed the stick to the agent.

The agent then took the flag from her and removed a stroke from it, then gave the flag back.

So, the security was no entry to within any distance (keep in mind, we are 2 blocks away at this point) he never asked to see what level of ticket we had, for a stick and a staple, for a speech by a family member, but a guy gets on a roof with a rifle less than 150 yards away?

The former coworker ( volunteer firefighter) where we parked 4 blocks away, was included in the company team that met with the Secret Service to tour the company facilities, which consisted of 6 buildings. He said they swept all the buildings with dogs 24, 12, and 2 hours prior. They cased every house within 4 blocks, including his — he had lots of guns, which they made him put in a safe and the wrapped yellow tape around it, not to be removed until 24 hours after the rally.

Other people in his neighborhood told him said same.

There was a State Police presence (BTW, that former coworker’s father is the retired State Trooper I met hunt our property) on every street with in the 4 blocks and at every other house in the same area.

Again, how did a person with a rifle get within 150 yards?

That same year, my wife went to a rally that was held at the local (yet, very rural) airport. She was told when she arrived that the line to the parking area, which was 1/2 mile from the airport was several hours long due to the time it took to get vehicles through security. As she was turning around to leave, people were walking past and one told her to just go park at the restaurant and walk through the cut corn field to the rally to avoid the vehicle security line.

She drove to the restaurant, which is about 1.5 miles from the area where the rally was to be, and parked. Many people were doing it and she joined a group tromping through the cut corn. At about 500 yards, they were met by a line of security made up of local, State, and Secret Service, standing arm’s length apart and were directed to the airport entrance road to go through security if they wanted to get any closer. She chose to stay there because she could hear the music (so could probably hear the speech through the loud speakers which were a few hundred yards away to accommodate the size of the crowd) was really not as interested in seeing Trump as just being there for the atmosphere.

Again, the closest anyone was getting without full security vetting was 500 yards, in a flat corn field, yet someone gets on a roof within 150 yards with a rifle?

So, I go back to the original questions;

1) Is this now the level of Secret Service security?

2) Is this the level of Secret Service security for a candidate and not the President?

3) Is this the level of security because it was candidate Trump?

No insinuation, no conspiracy theory, just questions.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 13:45:11 (permalink)
 People had umbrellas at that rally.  Obama said SS protection was the worst part of being a president. He couldn't go anywhere without being protected by them. He hated living a life like that.

You can stream broadcast interviews that the head of Secret Service was asked about the security to some of your questions.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 14:17:42 (permalink)
DeadGator401

Dang man, I'm an anti vax Covid truther, not a presidential candidate assassination truther. 

No, I don't assume that this was a set up and don't lean towards it, although those hot takes are certainly out there on social media.  

If it were an organized set up, I think Trump would be dead (likely from one or a handful of center mass GSW's from greater distance with a different weapon), no bystanders would have been shot, and there wouldn't be any questions about the operations.  

I think the ONLY way this could have been a set up would have been from a very small number of bad actors within one of the agencies (USSS all the way down to sheriff's deputies) tasked with security, and they would have had to have been within the theater of operations.  In my mind, this is the ONLY way that a set up is an infinitesimally small possibility and would not have come from anyone within the Biden administration, the DNC, heads of government agencies, etc.  But I think this would also mean that those bad actors would have known there would be a willing assassin, and the infinitesimally small possibility gets even smaller.  

DeadGator401

I also think this is the likely reason.  And I think DarDys did a great job summarizing the questions that should be asked and answered to understand why there was a gap in security.  

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 14:35:29 (permalink)
MyWar

You’re talking to the anti vax covid truther guy so who knows what kind of wild conspiracy stuff he’s getting at.

You seem really on edge the last few days bud.  

psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3134
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 14:42:57 (permalink)
Irisheyeball
I'm no expert, but I'm betting that the final reports will confirm that Trump was not shot, but rather was struck by glass or some other type of shrapnel.
There's evidence coming forward from witnesses to support this, however, the fact that lying Trump himself found it necessary to state a rather dumb-sounding redundancy that he was "shot by a bullet" is evidence enough that he wasn't. 

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 15:09:31 (permalink)
Who comes up with this stuff? LOL!

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 15:48:00 (permalink)
J.D.V 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 16:18:18 (permalink)
DarDys
DeadGator401
snagr
DeadGator401

So, I go back to the original questions;

1) Is this now the level of Secret Service security?

2) Is this the level of Secret Service security for a candidate and not the President?

3) Is this the level of security because it was candidate Trump?

No insinuation, no conspiracy theory, just questions.

I'd imagine that the security for a sitting President vs Candidate varies greatly. Probably the reason here if I read your post correctly?

snagr
DeadGator401

Dang man, I'm an anti vax Covid truther, not a presidential candidate assassination truther. 

No, I don't assume that this was a set up and don't lean towards it, although those hot takes are certainly out there on social media.  

If it were an organized set up, I think Trump would be dead (likely from one or a handful of center mass GSW's from greater distance with a different weapon), no bystanders would have been shot, and there wouldn't be any questions about the operations.  

I think the ONLY way this could have been a set up would have been from a very small number of bad actors within one of the agencies (USSS all the way down to sheriff's deputies) tasked with security, and they would have had to have been within the theater of operations.  In my mind, this is the ONLY way that a set up is an infinitesimally small possibility and would not have come from anyone within the Biden administration, the DNC, heads of government agencies, etc.  But I think this would also mean that those bad actors would have known there would be a willing assassin, and the infinitesimally small possibility gets even smaller.  

DeadGator401

I also think this is the likely reason.  And I think DarDys did a great job summarizing the questions that should be asked and answered to understand why there was a gap in security.  

The tweet you linked says it "proves it was a setup" so I was going off that. 

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 16:20:55 (permalink)
Two more things - some of you more experienced gun guys can comment on this as you'd have the knowledge. Is it possible for a .223 round (assuming that is what was fired) to just pierce a part of the ear? I'd think it would cause way more damage once it hit something, like an ear, even if it's a soft part. 

Also, JDV is a headscratcher. Feel like if he went moderate, he'd really up the chances of winning. Guess he's going for the Rust belt type blue collar vote? 

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 16:41:28 (permalink)
A solid point doesn't expand, a hollow or soft point wouldn't expand on a very thin soft tissue like nipping the top of a ear. Maybe a .17 or .22 cal. rim fire would somewhat,  but lead is way harder than a tip of flesh. Since it was a AR-15 it would have been a centerfire. They had a AR-15 up for raffle at todays convention  

post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/07/16 00:01:54
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/15 17:25:15 (permalink)
Have done security as a cop for 2 VP visits--a guy with a long gun at 130 yards climbing onto  roof and achieving his goal is kinda unbelievable,
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 38 of 48
Jump to: