Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..3132333435 Showing page 35 of 35
Author
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1258
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/15 06:09:56 (permalink)
Bidum wanted to sniff his hair
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 916
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/19 20:48:54 (permalink)
Still doubt the debate happens but, here's the rules: https://time.com/6989767/...debate-rules-cnn-2024/

Commercial breaks
For the first time in recent history, the debate will feature two commercial breaks during the 90-minute broadcast, a departure from past commission-hosted events which did not include corporate advertisements. (This year’s debates are not being overseen by the commission.) However, campaign staff will be prohibited from interacting with their respective candidates during these intermissions, denying them the opportunity for strategic consultations or to touch up the candidates’ appearance.

No opening statements
Unlike previous debates, there will be no opening statements. Instead, each candidate will deliver a two-minute closing statement at the conclusion of the debate. The debate will begin with a question, with candidates each allotted two minutes to respond. This will be followed by one-minute rebuttals and responses to the rebuttals, along with additional time at the moderators' discretion. Visual cues, such as flashing red lights, will alert candidates to their remaining speaking time.

Muted microphones, no notes
Both Biden and Trump will stand at identical lecterns, with their positions on stage determined by a coin toss administered by CNN. Microphones will be muted throughout the proceedings except when it is the candidate's turn to speak, a measure aimed at curtailing interruptions that have marred previous debates. CNN has said that moderators Jake Tapper and Dana Bash  “will use all tools at their disposal to enforce timing and ensure a civilized discussion.”
Each candidate will be provided with a pen, notepad, and a bottle of water on stage; however, no props or written notes will be allowed. 

No live audience 
In a departure from tradition, there will be no studio audience in an attempt to minimize disruptions during the debate. Typically, audience members are instructed to remain quiet while the candidates are speaking, but that rule has not always been followed. 

Think both will benefit from a commercial break, as they are 100 years old.
Muted microphones hurt Trump, obviously. 
Opening statements will benefit the viewers. Everyone knows the jist of it.

This debate is to prove Biden hasn't lost his mind, and Trump is still with it as well. 
I expect it to be an embarrassment to the US for the most part. 

Also, just calling it now: Rigged questions, secret teleprompter, Biden pumped full of whatever to make him focus, etc etc will all be used after. 

Mitchell
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 88
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/19 22:13:45 (permalink)
No interaction with the candidates respective handlers? So, during the commercial breaks, Trump will remain standing & sip a water or a Diet Coke, and Biden will run to the bathroom to find two lines and a straw laid out for him on the sink counter top by his staff to pump him up for the next 30 minutes, and he'll return ready to tear Trump a new azzhole!!.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 916
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/19 22:34:22 (permalink)
Maybe. Diet Coke people are strange. Is it really that good? 

All Biden has to do is not fall asleep, and insult Trump. Public ate that up last round. 
"Will you shut up man?" was immediately a T shirt for sale in Bidens campaign store. 

It would serve Trump well to actually point out real issues and lay them in Bidens lap. I mean, I doubt he'll do much of that, but would be a smart move. 
If he wants voters to swap sides, he simply can't be the crying "boo hoo they stole the 2020 election" baby, or the nonsense spouter. 

I would reckon it would be beneficial for Biden to get Trump mad. The madder he gets, the worse he looks. 

Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 468
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/20 13:06:51 (permalink)
Does Trump know about these rules?!?

I wouldn't be surprised if he backed out based on a "rigged" debate or some such nonsense.  On the other hand, it's an opportunity for great ratings.

If it happens we'll be treated to two old men on drugs.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1952
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/20 13:52:54 (permalink)
DeadGator401

It would serve Trump well to actually point out real issues and lay them in Bidens lap. I mean, I doubt he'll do much of that, but would be a smart move. 
If he wants voters to swap sides, he simply can't be the crying "boo hoo they stole the 2020 election" baby, or the nonsense spouter. 

Trump can’t point out real issues. He could kind of do that in 2016. He definitely had lucid moments back then where he could talk about things like healthcare and actually make some sense. But now he’s just so deep into his own nonsense that half the time it’s like he’s speaking his own language.

A majority of the general electorate seems to be convinced that republicans are better on immigration and the economy, but trump can’t even speak intelligently about these things either. He just benefits from the reputation that right wing messaging has built. And it’s probably better for him that way, because mass deportations and more tax cuts for rich people and corporate America aren’t gonna win him those undecided voters.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3108
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/20 15:19:50 (permalink)
Its the economy, stupid. Ppl arent dumb, they see what they are paying at the pump, at grocery store, utilities, EVERYTHING. 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/20 17:46:49 (permalink)
psu_fish
Its the economy, stupid. Ppl arent dumb, they see what they are paying at the pump, at grocery store, utilities, EVERYTHING. 

Oh ok. What is trumps plan to fix these things?
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9710
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/20 19:13:41 (permalink)
Since it will feature two clowns, I expect it to be a circus and will watch.

The commercial breaks are ridiculous. I hope they go ballistic on each other just as the commercial light goes on, just to see if they actually cut out or not. With these two bozos, what are they going to do? Sit there silently?

I like the other rules. Especially the no opening statements. This should be on all debates. Half seem to come in with an opening statement, then don’t answer the questions asked. Idiot voters will listen to the opening statement and ignore the rest. Hopefully this forces them to answer tough questions.

The interrupting thing is one of the most annoying things. I can’t see how any of these cable “news” networks are still around. Seems like loud mouth morons talking over top of each other is half of their broadcasts.

Live audience thing is a toss up. Both sides have loudmouths that they would recruit to heckle. That is how much of a joke politics has become. Idiocracy is alive and well.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/20 22:54:27 (permalink)
Two commercial breaks over 90 minutes doesn’t seem excessive. In fact I think it makes sense to give everybody - debate participants, moderators, technical personnel working the broadcast… everybody gets a chance to take a break or fix some problems or whatever. Seems totally fine to me. All the debate rules do.

But ultimately, like I said, I don’t think any of it makes a difference. Even with better candidates, there is a lot of evidence that suggests debates just don’t really have much of an impact on actual election outcomes anymore.

Once upon a time, in the Nixon vs JFK days, a debate was maybe one of a few select opportunities to put your message out there to voters. That simply isn’t true in 2024, and in fact it really hasn’t been true for quite some time.

This election will come down to turnout, organization, and targetted messaging in swing states aimed at a very small group of voters who inexplicably haven’t made up their minds yet. We’ll see which campaign has better people running the show.

But anyway…. I’m gonna drink beer and catch smallies this weekend. Who does the best house made ice cream cones in tionesta and tidioute? My vote is Hallers. Me and my crew might also get some MAGA gear and roll up to cougar bobs on saturday night. That should be wild AMIRIGHT???
JM2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1090
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/21 09:39:09 (permalink)
MyWar
psu_fish

Oh ok. What is trumps plan to fix these things?

To stop doing stupid destructive stuff.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3361
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/21 11:36:37 (permalink)
MyWar
 Me and my crew might also get some MAGA gear and roll up to cougar bobs on saturday night. That should be wild AMIRIGHT???

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9710
Re: Trump 2024 2024/06/21 14:34:21 (permalink)
Chris, they making you pay to be a contestant? 😃
Page: << < ..3132333435 Showing page 35 of 35
Jump to: