Mahoning Creek Dam

Author
KJN
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 95
  • Reward points: 0
2023/05/22 08:50:06 (permalink)

Mahoning Creek Dam

I haven't fished this lake in maybe 15 years.  When I showed up at the Milton loop launch, I could not believe how many amish buggies were there.  We fished the entire length of the dam.  We caught very few fish, maybe 7 crappy.  Biggest one being 9 inches.  I used to do pretty well here. I fished it this past Saturday in the rain.  I remember doing well here in the past.  So I was wondering if I just got a bad bite or has the amish fished it out.  We seen at least a dozen canoes, three people in each canoe.

3 Replies Related Threads

EMitch
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1033
    Re: Mahoning Creek Dam 2023/05/23 09:01:51 (permalink)
    Haven't been there in a few years, but you need to understand that to the Amish, everything is legal and edible. Catch & Release is not in their repertoire. Neither are boating regulations. My son and I were checked for PFDs while fishing from his 14' footer, meanwhile there was four Amish in a small boat overloaded to the point where it had very little freeboard left before flooding, and the PFC officer didn't bother them. I'll just stay away from there.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    KJN
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re: Mahoning Creek Dam 2023/05/23 14:51:05 (permalink)
    Yea. I noticed a very old sign at the launch that read 10hp max.  We figured it to be outdated so we ignored it.  Our boat has a 20hp.   Lucky for us the fish cops were not there.  I looked at the Mahoning website and there is a 10hp max still on the lake.  Which will keep me away from there.
    phishfearme
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 232
    Re: Mahoning Creek Dam 2023/05/30 19:27:59 (permalink)
    see my recent post concerning Kahle Lake:

Our last trip to Kahle? | FishUSA Forums

straw hats will devastate the forage base on any lake they are fishing - search for other posts on Kahle and Keystone Power Dam also - dead lakes due to constant pressure and removal of anything they can keep legally (they are VERY honest people and follow the law) and grind into fish patties.

panfish size limits are essential on these lakes.

phsih
    Jump to: