Allegheny River Help

Author
NickStan
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points: 0
2020/07/31 16:02:20 (permalink)

Allegheny River Help

New Fisher on the Allegheny River. Need tips with spots and bait etc. currently have boat docked in Sharpsburg Marina, looking for spots in general vicinity of the marina and or Ohio River. Been out of the fishing game for a few years and trying to get back into it. Went out a few times already with absolute zero luck ha ha, granted it was 90 degrees plus with not a cloud in the sky. Not going for any particular species of fish, so I am open to all bait tapes dead, alive, plastics, lures or whatever. i’m open to all suggestions I appreciate the help that anyone can provide, and best of luck to everyone out there on the water!

4 Replies Related Threads

solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: Allegheny River Help 2020/08/01 11:43:34 (permalink)
    It’s hot out right now the fish are hiding in these hot days. I usually don’t even fish allegheny until it cools down. You’ll figure it out. It’s the river so any baits or lures will work. I make my own plastics and even caught musky on them.
    post edited by solitario lupo - 2020/08/01 11:46:17
    NickStan
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Allegheny River Help 2020/08/04 11:20:41 (permalink)
    Thanks man, yeah i keep hearing about the heat issue. Guess I should take that into consideration. I'm just going to keep grinding, ill catch something eventually haha. 
    solitario lupo
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    Re: Allegheny River Help 2020/08/07 11:23:55 (permalink)
    Try some cut baits for cats. Later in the day. Might be more active.
    CTKsnowman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 134
    Re: Allegheny River Help 2020/08/11 09:26:42 (permalink)
    I fish lock 3 in the spring and fall, the river is too warm and shallow right now for me. Vertical jigging the lock walls, and bridges seems to work best. We use weighted jig heads tipped with a small plastic and a minnow. We also troll that section of the river, try to keep the speed under 2 mph.  I would recommend using something that dives no deeper then 15 feet, orange/gold colors seem to work best. 

Good luck, and watch your depth.
    Jump to: